Sign in to follow this  
uncledoodoo

New member from TX

Hello everyone, I've been on other Mustang forums, but thought I should join this one since my only current Mustang is a 69 vert.  Its been in the family around 10 years, I just bought it from my brother after he and my dad worked on it for several years. I had an unfortunate engine fire in it around October and just got it back from the shop a couple of days ago.  I have a few issues right now (mostly something with a head I believe, it smokes randomly, usually after letting off from acceleration, its white and I think its valves).  Here she is, I've named her Angie after the song and a red-haired girl I knew in school.

post-48707-0-56781100-1483421132.jpg

I had my phone so I snapped a picture (actually a quick video),  its painful to watch.  Yeah, the repaint is closer to the original CAR, its supposed to be ford T, but a little bit brighter.  Before it was closer to royal maroon, I think they painted it to match the interior (dark red), but the car was ordered CAR with dark-red interior.

I grew up in Desoto and spent many of my high school years driving in and around Waxahachie.  I will be moving back to Texas in a few years but will be moving to Granbury (West of Ft. Worth).  I love your convertible and someday when I get my sportroof done I'd love to get pictures of it next to your vert.  Looks like it was a very rough day with that engine fire but it looks great again.  

I grew up in Desoto and spent many of my high school years driving in and around Waxahachie.  I will be moving back to Texas in a few years but will be moving to Granbury (West of Ft. Worth).  I love your convertible and someday when I get my sportroof done I'd love to get pictures of it next to your vert.  Looks like it was a very rough day with that engine fire but it looks great again.  

sounds great!  I'm very familiar with Granbury having grown up in Benbrook and dated a girl or two from Granbury.  I'm looking forward to it!

Wow, nice looking vert. So what caused the engine fire, was it fuel related? Always pays to carry a fire extinguisher in these old classics.

yep, new fire extinguisher in place.   The fire started at the neutral safety-switch wiring and spread to some leaked PS fluid up to some oil and then  the fuel-line.  I was literally on my way to the car wash to wash all that off after fixing an oil leak.