Fantastic

'69 with '04 Cobra brakes (VV kit)

I was concerned with safety, so I opted to upgrade my brakes using the kit from Vintage Venom. Using their adapter I installed '04 Cobra rotors and calipers. To allow these larger calipers to fit, I had to use 17" rims. I chose bullitt anthracite rims, 17x8 deep in front, and 17x10.5 deep in back.

I still like the idea, but I will have to do more work to get the this set up properly. I can drive the car, but I am fearful of the possibility of the rubber inadvertently bumping a fender or quarter. I am also unhappy with the braking system, and I suspect I need to change the MC, perhaps with a hydroboost setup.

I would like to read more about what others have done with theirs.

20150527_162510.jpg

100_0738.jpg

100_0741.jpg

photobucket

With a proper alignment it should not be an issue. How much caster do you have? Make sure the wheel base is 108". A one inch master cylinder is usually recommended for four wheel discs.

Agree with RPM's recommendations!  Just a bit of love on the alignment can make a HUGE difference in road manners and the 1" M/C bore is standard order.

I really like the look of the wheels you have and the size seems to work well.  Can you provide anymore details on them (e.g., offset/backspace, manufacturer, etc.)?  Car looks really nice as well!  

I agree with the above.  I have a similar set up with SoT Cobra Conversion set up and 17X8 and 18X10 Bullitt wheels.  With as low as my car is I don't have any rubbing.  I am running a 1 inch spacer on the front because of the BS of the wheels, but have ran it that way for years with no issues.  

I would Invest in a Good Brake Booster too if you haven't already. I have the VV kit as well but my wheels are 18x9/18x10. The Front/Rears tires did rub when doing hard turns or going up speed bumps. I had to roll the Fenders, which solved my problem. 

Also, as suggested above changing the Master Cylinder to a 1" bore should help. 

@Lanky I run the 99-04 wheel setup since my brake VV kit it requires me to use those type wheels. You can run 17x9 Modern Wheels all around but you will need a spacer or wheel adapters. Unless you have the original Disc/brake set up, there are wheels that can work but can't help you with that since I never had another wheel setup.

I am running a 99-04 wheel aa well. Same as rwcstang. 18x10 in back 18x9 in front. Front has 5.95 inch back spacing. I have the mustang steve conversion with 2007 gt brakes. I converted drum spindles to disc which adds like 1/2 inch then a 1 inch spacer.

Ok so the wheels are for 99-04 got it, 5.95 backspacing. I actually am already running 1.5" wheel spacers, but would like to get rid of them just for safety. When I do buy wheels I like knowing others have run a similar size/backspacing setup with success. No tire rubbing for you two? What tire sizes are you guys running? When I go 17x9 I am hoping to get at least 245 or 255 up front, I have 235 now.

Ok so the wheels are for 99-04 got it, 5.95 backspacing. I actually am already running 1.5" wheel spacers, but would like to get rid of them just for safety. When I do buy wheels I like knowing others have run a similar size/backspacing setup with success. No tire rubbing for you two? What tire sizes are you guys running? When I go 17x9 I am hoping to get at least 245 or 255 up front, I have 235 now.

Hi Lanky,

I have 275/40/18 (Rear) & 245/40/18 BFGoodrich sport comp2, they are slightly robust. They did rub when taking hard turns or going over bumps, Rolling my Fenders solved that issue.

I'm running 275/35 in back 245/40 in front. I haven't had any rubbing with 2 inch lowering in back and about 15 up front. I need to trim front spring. I did have to trim the bump stop metal piece that was hanging out cause it was hitting the rim.