69mach1build

Good engine mounts for 427W

If you are thinking old school with a stock type of motor mount you can look at the Lakewood Muscle Mount.  They're advertised as having an interlocking setup so they cannot come apart if the rubber breaks and are made with a higher durometer rated rubber.  I don't know how true that is.  I installed a set, they look like stock.  But they fit better than anything I've used from a parts store, and the rubber has a different smell than the mounts I removed that came from NAPA.

RPM's idea is an old school trick that works.  It will increase vibrations a little because the rubber cannot stretch with a bolt in there.  Maybe, on the nut side in RPM's pictures, install a rubber washer then a large flat washer underneath the lock nut.  Then the mount can stretch a little but still not come apart. 

RPM's way of adding extra security is good, you can see he has installed a Ny-Lok nut on it.

If you want the rubber mount to work as it should and absorb vibrations then just leave the locking nut with a bit of clearance between it and the mount.

That way the rubber mount can still stretch to a degree but the bolt will then limit how far it can go when you 'hammer' it !

I don't know what other plans you have for your engine/exhaust or transmission.

Those chosen plans can greatly effect what motor mount you'll need.

My W based stroker has no problems with the stock replacement motor mounts yet

I always heard the driver's side is the mount you need to pin and that doing the other was wasn't necessary due to the way torque moves the engine. It seems like that would help minimize the NVH problem.