Thatblue69_Mach1

1969 mustang blackout flat black hood paint vs vinyl

Hi guys. My buddy had his 69 painted before mine and he went with the blackout flat black hood, mines a Mach 1 and had it originally. Now I have a question for anyone that has the blackout hood. I notice a step from the glossy paint to the matte black on the hood and I'm worried about the wear over time, has anyone gotten their hoods repainted flat black and had it last a long time? I'm worried of the wear as compared to just getting a vinyl put on for the flat black. Both seem about the same step but when the vinyl gets worn I can take off and put a new one. Paint is a much bigger process. Attached is the best pic I could get of the step. post-45494-0-23078400-1481658524.jpg

though, I don't have an answer for you I thought about going vinyl too. I could never find a vinyl graphic shop near my area to do it though, it seems they want you to spend lots of money, I got quoted for $650 which I think is crazy for a Vinyl hood.

Not trying to be cheap, but for that price, I rather get it painted...I just didn't think blacking out a hood would cost that much.