RandyatBBY

RandyatBBY's 1970 Sportsroof

I have a 1969 mustang 9 inch housing correct axles 1962 9 inch posi pumpkin from a Galaxy.  I have Lincoln Versailles rear disc brakes complete is there a brackets made by any one to do the conversion?  Or do I have to fab my own?

Might check at MustangSteve.com for brake conversion brackets if you're looking to purchase. Most folks have dumped the Versailles rear discs due to cost, function and parts availability. 1994 to present Mustang GT/Cobra discs are plentiful, cheap and easy to adapt.

Might check at MustangSteve.com for brake conversion brackets if you're looking to purchase. Most folks have dumped the Versailles rear discs due to cost, function and parts availability. 1994 to present Mustang GT/Cobra discs are plentiful, cheap and easy to adapt.

I read that earlier, I sort of liked that I did not have to buy more parts (disk assembly's ect.) and the emergency brake was set up on what I have.  Also I did not have to install the shoes for the emergency brake . I do have to redrill the rotors and the size is bigger than the 74 Maverick disk I have on the front. 

. Well I am still on my Stang but things have changed a little.  First off all the rust repair is done.  Decided to go with the MustangSteve.com for brake conversion brackets. While pulling the C4 out  and thinking about a little stronger trans than the T5 .... like a T56.  I found a 2007 Shelby 4.6 3v 5 speed at a great deal. So now to show horn in the motor and tranny 

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

On 11/19/2018 at 5:05 PM, Cantedvalve said:

So wait... you took out the 1970 taillight panel in favor of the 1969?  I think I am mildly offended.

Look forward to more updates after you have healed!

Lol, Ya I did that ten years ago. But you would have been really offended if I put my 454 in my 70tie stang.   But I could not do it!  It had to be a Ford in a Ford for more power than the 73 2 barrel 351. The 454 cast iron block was just too heavy for the uni-body stang. 

On 11/19/2018 at 9:24 PM, RPM said:

The guys I know feel like a million bucks after the surgery, good luck. I kinda like the 69 rear body panel in the 70.

I am hoping so. I am a wimp about surgery normally. But this semi paralyzed condition is not tolerable and I have to do it.  I am scheduled for Tuesday morning for the surgery. Thanks for the encouragement. 

Any one on this site put a 4.6 3v in a early stang? Or know of build threads.