Sign in to follow this  
Thatblue69_Mach1

What's your favorite detailing supplies.

As the title says. What's everyone's favorite detailing products, companies and tricks? Also what products, companies and tricks do you hate. Explaining is a must! Although to each his/her own. I've recently been wanting to try adams polishes, I keep reading how it's too expensive compared to chemical guys but I looked up the closest products and noticed only about $5 difference but with a 110% guarantee I can't see why not try it out.

I love the Rupes BigFoot random orbital polisher, it's a machine that is very easy to work with, and has a nice weight to it, so you don't have to use force on it. It's not really a random orbit, it moves in an 21-star oscillating orbit. Spreads material real nice. I use the 4 different Rupes compound rubbings that comes with the machine. But the two heaviest compound leaves a lot of residue. Chalk like stuff. Don't like that.

For polishing and wax, I use Swisswax cleaner fluid, and Swisswax Concorso. It's a bit pricey, but it's a hard wax, so little product is used each time. Now, Concorso is a show wax, so for my daily driver, I use Swisswax Shield (Also a hard wax). Last a long time. I also use Meguiars Quick Wax to keep the shine.

I wash the car with Swisswax Car Bath. Use 2 buckets, one with soap, and one with water to rinse. 

Edit:

Don't want to be preachin' to you how to polish a car, I'm sure you know, but for those not so into this stuff:

Clean the car! I wash it like 4 times before I start polishing. The following is meant to be done once; NOT four times.

1. Start with degreaser if the car is very dirty, use a petroleum based degreaser. A water based one might stain your bright trim. Not easy to restore. Also put wheel cleaner on the wheels.

2. Let the degreaser work at least 5-7 minutes, it's important that the car is in the shade.

3. Use a foam lance and spray directly onto the degreaser and wheels. This will lift the dirt off  of the car.

4. Let the foam work a little bit, but don't let it dry. Use a high pressure washer to blast that dirt off, start at the bottom, and work your way to the top.

5. I usually at this point on my daily driver use a product called Iron-X. It lifts metallic particle dirt from the paint. Use a sponge to rub it in. Don't let it dry. Rinse off. BTW, Iron-X smells like cat piss. It will turn red like many wheel cleaners.

6. At this point, you can wash the car with a sponge, or microfiber washcloth or whatever you prefer. A detail brush can be used in trick places. Wash from the top to the bottom. Use a 2 bucket system. Rinse the soap off with a garden hose. From the top to bottom. Don't use the pressure washer, because you want the maximum amount of water on the car. Wash the wheels last.

7. Use a microfiber cloth to dry the car. 

8. And finally, now you can start rubbing, polishing and waxing. But keep it in the shade.

Don't use chrome polish like Autosol. They contain a small amount of rubbing product, and will ruin your chrome over time.

And bear in mind, this whole process is usually a 8-12 hour job, at least for a big car. Great shine doesn't come easy.

I have been using the Adam's product line for nearly a year. For the products I have used I am very impressed and will continue using their product line.

1. Glass cleaner/excellent no streaking

2. H20 gloss guard/amazing product to use after washing

3. Car wash soap

4. Interior detailer/leaves a nice clean finish/not greasy or glossy, nice matte finish

5. Metal polish #1, and #2 excellent for chrome and stainless steel

Excellent customer service!!!