GrayDD

Another new member from Texas

post-47497-0-07498700-1480573007.jpgHello and welcome to me, I am a proud owner of a 1969 Mustang Sports roof that has been modified from stock. I had a 69 Mustang while I was in high school and kept and worked on it for 10 yrs (was a decent car). However, the new wife and new kids coming along, plus the stoppage of selling leaded premium 110 octane fuel in California (where I was stationed at the time) caused me to sell my baby. Now years later with my last child leaving the nest I have another 69 in the Garage! I spent more money on this one but most of the heavy lifting was already completed when I bought it. Some of the things I have done to the car in the last 12 mo are.

Complete engine rebuild of the 351W. Boar was punched out .20 over, new pistons, polished crank, Balanced, Edelbrock RPM top end kit complete with Cam, heads, rockers, etc...

Uni Steer power rack and pinion steering system installed

15" stock magnum looking rims (wider in the rear) with the ole BF Goodrich TA's.

Going for the Mach 1 look a like so added stripes painted hood and put window louvers, gas cap, etc.

Wilwood power disc brakes front and rear.

Aftermarket gauges and gauge package.

Aftermarket Air Conditioning

I have done more but you get the idea. Here are the future mods I am currently gathering parts for.

Switching the FMX for a beefed up T5z from Ford Racing.

Interior front seats upgrade with new aftermarket seats, my car did not have the fold down seat I plan on correcting that.

Killer stereo system/ alarm

Here are some pics of the car, I hesitate to show the "before" pics as the car looks very good and I am sure I will get some grief for messing with it, but please consider that my upgrades are still under construction and when I am done and post side by side pics the criticism will be better appreciated.

lol

post-47497-0-07498700-1480573007.jpgpost-47497-0-73777500-1480573098.jpgpost-47497-0-74801600-1480573211.jpgpost-47497-0-90363000-1480573327.jpg

Welcome to the forum, whereabouts in that big 'ol State of Texas are you located? Since you won't share any of your before pics, how about some interior and engine pics? I'd sure like to get about 100 acres in the Hill Country, drag my entire family out and build a nice compound to escape The Republic of Kalifornia :)

I moved this thread to here from the Members Only Forum, and deleted the duplicate post that was missing the pics.

I am going with a blue similar to yours on my 69 Sportroof.  Really love the color and wheels on the car.  I grew up in Desoto and Plano Texas and am really excited about moving back in a few years.  Oh and welcome to the forums!