Ridge Runner

Compressor Quit , and Harbor Freight Rant!

Worked part day Thanksgiving day and all day yesterday to fill some orders .Last part finished and my compressor gives out a couple of coughs ,then stops and starts again ,coughs a couple more times and nothing ...DOA!

I had an email from Harbor Freight ,it showed a 1 1/2 electric compressor motor for $149 ,Sweet ,just what i need .Get to harbor freight and notice a member discount for $119 for the same motor YEAH! 

I buy the motor and take it home ,open the box and notice a piece of packing foam missing ,not a big deal .I take the motor out of the box and find leaves under it ...HUH, thinking ...Something isn't right here .Then i notice the cord is cut off ...Oh crap ! I wire it up and hit the switch and noting ...not a friggen thing .Someone had returned it after frying it and they placed it back on the shelf ...well, now i am pissed .I return it ant let them know i wasn't happy .Counter lady say's go back and get another one ...They aint no more !!! This was a 28 mile trip for me one way so i wasn't in the best of moods when i got home .It will be at least next Wednesday before i get my compressor going now .

Compressor is going again ,all is well .  Never realized how much i use it until it went down ..Actually went back to harbor freight and bought the 3 horse 230V ...made sure this box had not been opened .Seems like a good motor ,quiter than my old one .For the price it was a heck of a deal compared to buying a new compressor .,even bought a new 110 pound sand blaster for smaller parts .

I got on the Inside Track Club and there is a big savings on everything ,and you get to go in a day early for sales ,and you get even more of a discount when you join the club 

Always nice to hear a happy ending with Harbor Freight. Once half your tools are pneumatic, a compressor is a must have deal. I outta go down there and buy a twin cylinder pump for mine. Rebuilt the pump once, but it's making a heck of a racket again. Craftsman discontinued the parts years ago, had to find rings for a comparable piston. Oy, smart move might be to just buy a Quincy.

anything that I buy from harbor freight I ask to see if there is an extended warranty program. The last thing I bought from there was an air brush tool kit that I used it for restoring nike shoes that I use to sell and I'd also use it for other hobbies. Glad things worked out in the end for you!