Sign in to follow this  
71 stang

69 Mustang Passenger side remote control mirror ? NEED HELP !!!

Looking  for some  insight  OR  help !!!   I recently  acquired a 69 Mustang right hand ( passenger  side )  remote control mirror I know  that  they  are  supposed  to be ONLY ???  manual  adjust  since  that  is  all I have ever seen  in my years  around the 69 70  Stangs.  I was  told  it  is  RARE !!!!  it has  the correct  base  a C9ZB on  it  the cable  is  long  to  reach  over to the drivers  area  and it  is old  and dirty  it  does  NOT  look  like  it  has  been  hampered with . IS IT  POSSIBLE  that  this  is  an ORIGINAL part  from Ford ??? Does  anybody  know ???  any insight would  be  greatly  appreciated

Thanks  in advance!!!!! 

I've been looking but not seen or heard of 69/70 adjustable passenger mirrors. I have heard that the 72 Torino had adjustable mirrors that will fit perfectly in the case of an existing 69/70 factory mirror housing, but the Torino housings are reportedly a little longer. Perhaps this is what you have?

I've been looking but not seen or heard of 69/70 adjustable passenger mirrors. I have heard that the 72 Torino had adjustable mirrors that will fit perfectly in the case of an existing 69/70 factory mirror housing, but the Torino housings are reportedly a little longer. Perhaps this is what you have?

I have  this  mirror disassembled  and  it  is  all 69  Mustang  parts   the  mirror base  is  a C9ZB part  number  as  well as  the bullit  housing  is  also  is  a C9ZB part  number

I have  been rebuilding and  restoring Ford  bullitt style sport  mirrors of  all makes  and  models  for  years  I am  very  familiar  with  all years  of  Torino  mirrors as  well and  this  is not

a Torino  mirror  at  all.  

I have a sport mirror also with the crazy long cable, my brother has it now, but believe we pulled if off a 69 stang in a junk yard back in 1985, yes 1985.......saw it 3 weeks ago when moving all the stuff to his new shop

If Ford used the design in later years for different applications, there would be no reason to change the C9 part number.

I am wondering where the remote control end of it would even be mounted. The 69/70 interior just really have much real estate for such things.