Sign in to follow this  
paulb

Measurements

Hi everyone, I need a few of you to measure from the rear of the rocker panel to the rear tyres and see if there's a difference side to side, I have a 9-10 mm difference but have done measurement checks of the chassis and its all within 2-3mm, so am at a bit of a loss as to where it's out? Or has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

I've not found one measurement to be symmetrical side to side on my car. Have you measured the thrust angle to confirm the rear axle is perpendicular to the vehicle centerline? One hillbilly way to check is to drive straight thru some water on the road to see if the reader tires are following the fronts.

Better to do an alignment on a modern bench to check the geometry.

I have installed Global West shackles with their hard bushing on a set of new leaf springs and the alignment is very close to be perfect.

I've not found one measurement to be symmetrical side to side on my car. Have you measured the thrust angle to confirm the rear axle is perpendicular to the vehicle centerline? One hillbilly way to check is to drive straight thru some water on the road to see if the reader tires are following the fronts.

She's sitting on a rack ATM , nothing but diff in there,needing to weld up 1/4 panels but also want to be sure, as I said all measurements front to rear and diagonal are within 2-3 mm