Anybody use the Scott Drake brand labeled shocks?  Are they simply KYB Gas-A-Justs that are relabeled for Scott Drake?  They look a little different than the KYB shocks.  Are they a high pressure gas shock like the KYB Gas-A-Justs?  There is very little info out there for these shocks.  Thanks in advance for any info.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c5zz18124hp/overview/year/1969/make/ford/model/mustang

Actually, I don't want the high pressure KYB Gas-A-Justs.  I've used them once on another vehicle in the past and didn't like them.  I was hoping these Scott Drake shocks were not as highly pressurized as the KYB's.  The shocks currently on the car I purchased back in about 1998 and they are the 3-way adjustable Gabriel Striders.  One of them will not adjust for some reason.  Even though it ratchets like it's adjusting, it seems to be stuck in the softest setting.  Since those are no longer made, I need 4 shocks.  There doesn't seem to be many options for lower cost shocks that are still better than an OEM replacement.  I have found Koni's street shocks for $65 each at Summit Racing.  Those Koni's might be my best choice, I don't know yet. 

Bilisteins all the way. I got the on my Mach and I love them. You can order them in street or sport valving.I got sport valving. My car handles great, firm but not bone jarring. I replaced all four of the no name brand shocks that were on my car for 23 yrs. But in all fairness I only drive the car in the summer and on nice sunny days.

Bilstein are nice shocks.  I recall when I was a GM technician at least half of their new cars and trucks came with Bilstein shocks.  The situation I am in is the car already has 560 lb./in. front coils and 5 leaf 200 lb./in. rear leafs.  So I don't want a real high pressure gas shock.  I'd go with adjustable Gabriel Striders again if they still made them, but they don't.  I have found Koni "Street" shocks, as they pronounce it, for $65.00 each at Summit Racing.  They are non adjustable, but, I might go with them.

Before I rule out Bilstein shocks, where did you find them?

Bilstein are nice shocks.  I recall when I was a GM technician at least half of their new cars and trucks came with Bilstein shocks.  The situation I am in is the car already has 560 lb./in. front coils and 5 leaf 200 lb./in. rear leafs.  So I don't want a real high pressure gas shock.  I'd go with adjustable Gabriel Striders again if they still made them, but they don't.  I have found Koni "Street" shocks, as they pronounce it, for $65.00 each at Summit Racing.  They are non adjustable, but, I might go with them.

Before I rule out Bilstein shocks, where did you find them?

I have the Koni Strt's and very happy with them over my monroe's. I got them off amazon for $45 each. dont think you'll be disappointed at all. 

ummm...bilsteins are not $40.00 a piece.

heres some driver grade Gabriel shocks for only $18.00 each

https://www.summitracing.com/search/year/1970/make/ford/model/mustang?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=shock%20absorbers

Exactly. And that is a good thing. You get what you pay for. KYBs are shocks that will do on any car, but isn't great for any car. I cannot think of any situation where you would want to put $40 shocks on your car, especially on your pride and joy.

Exactly. And that is a good thing. You get what you pay for. KYBs are shocks that will do on any car, but isn't great for any car. I cannot think of any situation where you would want to put $40 shocks on your car, especially on your pride and joy.

Depends on how the car is used and your budget.  In many cases $40 per shock is okay.

I have to agree with fvike:

I had kyb gas a justs and they were really stiff for a street car, but if you have sloppy springs maybe they help adjust for that. But it's better to let the spring do the work. I think with a reasonable spring setup the bilstein street or sports are optimal. BTW I have a good set of kyb front gas a just for sale BO :)

Idk about everyone here but my experience with cheap shocks is that they wear out unevenly side to side and don't last very long. I learned this after buying cheap shocks for various makes/models and being disappointed. The bushings in alot of them now are trash. Don't buy summit brand shocks.