Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

69 Turn Signal Assembly

My Scott Drake switch failed after one season. The replacement is still working, knock on wood. Someone on another forum recommended the Shee-Mar switch but I've never used one so I can't say if it's any better or worse. (http://www.shee-mar.com/parts.html)

Like all reproductions in this hobby, I think it mostly depends if the Chinese factory was having a good day when they made your part.

I just received my Scott Drake turn signal assembly. Quality part. A little disappointed that it did not have Spade electrical connectors for me just to plug and play. The connectors are round and do not fit my application. Does anyone have about a dozen that they could donate to a good cause?

I am have a hard time finding these on line and none of the automotive stores around here have them. I don't want to start cutting and splicing new connectors in. PM me if you have any. Thanks in advance. Bill. Merry Christmas

post-14323-0-43347700-1482513105.jpg

didn't realize 69 had spade connectors on turn signal harness plug.  Bill is it a male or female you need and what is the width?  i think there are a couple of different widths and I do have some but would have to check which ones I have.

Dave 

didn't realize 69 had spade connectors on turn signal harness plug.  Bill is it a male or female you need and what is the width?  i think there are a couple of different widths and I do have some but would have to check which ones I have.

Dave 

Dave here is a picture of the spade terminal with dimensions. I also included a picture of the original turn signal terminals. I used American Auto Wire complete harness to wire my stang and reused the original connector from the old wire harness to connect to the turn signal harness.

post-14323-0-15667500-1482526005.jpg

post-14323-0-96719200-1482526018.jpg

Nope, I don't rebuild switches.  Connectors, wiring, and plugs, yes, but I stay away from repairing switches: too risky, expensive, and no guaranty that they can be fixed.

Randy....I don't think the question was whether you rebuild the switches.......I think the question was more like "do you know what is good out there?"

Dave

I used American Auto Wire complete harness to wire my stang and reused the original connector from the old wire harness to connect to the turn signal harness.

Those flat pins are not OEM; the round ones are.  The connectors for the flat pins are not OEM as well. 

The Scott Drake turn signal switch has the correct pins, but you're missing the male and female plastic connectors and the male pins that come from the underdash harness.  I may have one connector for the female pins and I know I have the connector with the male pins.

And for me knowing what is good for turn signal switches out there?  They all seem to go bad after a couple of years with reasonable use.  Ford NOS switches would probably be the best but very expensive.

Off to a good start this new year. I got my flat pins from Clips and Fasteners (#A11948) GM Pack-Con Series Terminal Male Tab Connector; 25 for $16 shipped. Hooked up the new turn signal assembly. Did a light/brake/turn signal inspection and all is perfect. Thanks.