mattskin

What color to paint on a GT?

High guys,

I was thinking about in what color i should paint my 69 fastback GT.

It's a real GT so it would be nice to paint him in the original pastel gray.

But i also like a red mustang...

The rest of the car is going to be original like in the factory.

What would you guys do??

I really want to here your oppinions!

I seem to be in the minority here, but if this is your favorite car and don't plan to sell it, paint it what will make you the happiest.  It's a bummer walking into the garage after your car is done, and wishing you had painted it the color you really wanted, but didn't because of "value."   Value only has meaning for resale.  If you plan on enjoying it for a while, and then selling it, I would tend to go towards stock.  But there is also a reason it is called "re-sale red."  Certain colors will always be more desirable than others no matter how original.  I would put money on the fact that two identically optioned cars, a red one, and a pastel gray one, the red one would sell first the vast majority of time.  I'm not saying pastel gray is a bad color.  It would look good, but you need to be happy with the car.  You will get a lot of opinions on here, but you only need to worry about your own.  That's my opinion.  Enjoy, and good luck.

I've never seen a pastel gray Mustang. It would certainly be different. Like others said though, make yourself happy and paint it whatever brings a smile to your face.

I also have never seen a pastel gray '69 Mustang in person, much less a GT in that color. It is likely to be a very rare combination. Do you have a Marti report showing the production numbers for this combination? My thoughts would be to paint it whatever color you really want it to be since you will be the one owning and enjoying it. The color can always be changed back to original later on if you want to make it correct.

Thanks you guys!

Im just gonna do my thing and choose the red paint i like :)

Makes it also easyer to sale it...

Pastel gray isnt really my thing.

Apperently Most of the people prefers a red one instead of a gray one!