mattskin

how rare is my first mustang?

hey guys,

I'm Matthias from belgium and i just bought my first mustang so i'm a new rookie :) 

Now i was wondering how rare my mustang is because it's a fastback deluxe (63B) and i found on the internet that there where only 5958 produced of them ...

But my mustang also have the GT equipment and that's even more rare i think because of the low count GT equipment group?

I hope you guys can help me out with this so i actually know what car i'm restoring!

thanks a lot!!

So an early 69 hard top with the GT package.  Nice.  You should probably get a Marti Auto Works Deluxe Report for your car.  That report will give you some hard to come by information that you will want.  An original ' Build Sheet ' would be a great find ?  Mine was under the drivers seat.  What is unique-rare about your car is the GT package.  That GT option was discontinued three or four months into the 69 production year.   Tell us it is a 428 car and yes rare.  The Marti Report will let you know how many were made as well as what equipment originally came on the car..  Welcome to the Forum.  Brian  

Welcome to the site, Matthias. According to Kevin Marti's book Mustang...By The Numbers, 4,084 of the 133,801 fastbacks made were equipped with the GT option package. That's about 3% of all fastbacks. Compare that to the 72,459 Mach I's made and it's a pretty small number.

There were only 6,694 GT's made in total, or about 2.2% of the 299,036 Mustangs made in 1969.

So, as Brian pointed out, the GT option is pretty rare and desirable these days. Also very hard to find parts ☺

Thanks a lot guys!

Tomorrow my marti rapport will arive so i will know everthing for sure.

Also i ordered a lot of new original parts to rebuild my 69 gt and the original 351 4v engine :)

Now, the original colour was white, but i really like a red mustang!

What would you do and what's the influence on the value of the car?

And how the hell can i get some pictures in here? :)

I think if your car is truly a GT which is rare, then you should paint it the original white. Some people will say "its your car, do what you want with it" but from a value perspective, original is best. Also, you may want to consider keeping as many original parts as you can on the car because as they say, "its only original once".

Mine was a plain jane fastback and anything that I couldnt restore quickly got tossed in the dumpster. Actually, I take that back, I restored quite a bit to keep costs down.

Good luck and welcome.