RPM

Auto Meter Speedo Connection to Cable & Grommet Attachment

On a related issue, how does one attach a grommet onto the new cable? Both ends of the cable are just shy of an inch in diameter. Can the old one be reused, or is a new one required? And if a new grommet is used for it need to be split to fit onto the cable? Thaaanks!

P.S. I shoulda bought the 60" cable for the FMX and not the 66".

I to bought the 66" Cable LOL gave me more room to manipulate things around the headers etc..

I wondered the same thing on the grommet situation and what I did was to get one of those Valve cover breather Grommets and slip it over the cable, then stuck it into the firewall...they come in varying thicknesses and inner hole diameters.

Then I got some of that black mastic tape and put it over the grommet under the dash to fill the remaining void.

You can also use a body plug and cut an X in the middle, slip the cable in and then put some mastic in the plug to hold it all together and make it water tight, or you can take a soldering Iron and melt the rubber back together

Thanks Mike. Ya, my original was pretty snug and I also figured the extra length would come in handy. Good idea on the grommet. 

Hey pal, what happened to your Cali trip? 

Trip is still planned, but we have done a lot this year so far LOL and cruising the Coast is next week and I aint got a lot of vacation time saved up anymore LOL.. It WILL Happen eventually LOL..Plus Im building this 66 Coupe for my son so I am deep into that