Sign in to follow this  
shaun071

Custom Crossmembers and stuff (moved)

with the gearbox crossmember, I wonder of an x series falcon crossmember would be easier to fit? Fab up an L shaped bracket that either bolts in or is welded to the rail, then the crossmember bolts to the bracket? I've seen one used on a 67 to fit a btr auto. This is probably directed more at Ash as a question. Thoughts? I'll post a pic if I can find a crossmember in my shed.

Got me stumped there sorry, Shaun. Been a long time since I've laid eyes on one.

Years ago I put a T5 behind a 351C in an XF and I can't recall modifying it much other than the shifter hole.

Got me stumped there sorry, Shaun. Been a long time since I've laid eyes on one.

Years ago I put a T5 behind a 351C in an XF and I can't recall modifying it much other than the shifter hole.

http://store.allmusclecarparts.com.au/ford/falcon-xw-xy/ford-xw-xy-gtho-gearbox-crossmember.html

Here's a pic. I don't know why they want $140 for it there's about eleventy billion of them out there. It didn't change from XR To XD. It may not help Fvike or you since you already have purchased a crossmember but they're easy enough to come by. Just another way of skinning a cat.

Yes, I looked into. I love the one on my wife's VW Tiguan. I love the sound it makes too, ha.

But when I thought about it for my big block, there's the possibility my custom clutch is going to be quite on/off and the ability to hold the e-brake by hand and slowly let it go was more appealing for hill starts. If mine was an auto, for sure, I'd be doing an electric one.