Sign in to follow this  
My Mach 1

Going Street/Street

Hi All, I've decided to turn my Mach 1 into more of a street / strip car. It seems that traction is my biggest problem so here's what I'm think of doing. I would really like input please. I just finished installing Bilistein Street tuned shocks 8 weeks ago - what an awesome shock but not good for drag racing so they're coming off - probably sell them on Craigslist. Now I'm going to install 6 cylinder coil springs on the front, I have adjustable strut rods from SOT which I will also install. I'm thinking of using QA1 single adjustable mono tube drag shocks on both front and rear. I already have subframe connectors and Shelby Underides bars. As for tires & wheels I'm thinking of maybe Prostars 15x10 w 4.5 or 5" bs with MT ET SS Drag radials 275x60x15s.I will have my pinion angle adjusted and either relocate my battery or put a sand bag or 2 in the trunk over the wheels.My question is should I install a set of mustang 6 cylinder leaf springs on the back as well? Will the ones from 67-68 fit my Mach? Or will my original leafs work? They've never been changed. Or should I order a set of mono leafs from Calvert Racing or something? What do you think of my package?Is there anything I'm missing?

Calvert bars and mono springs and adjustable rear shocks here

Lakewood 70/30 front  stock 302 springs and stock suspension up front

28x10.5 stiff slick..

pinion angle at 2.5 down with  little preload in the bars also bottom hole ..

1.43 to 1.47 60 ft times...

Calvert bars and mono springs and adjustable rear shocks here

Lakewood 70/30 front  stock 302 springs and stock suspension up front

28x10.5 stiff slick..

pinion angle at 2.5 down with  little preload in the bars also bottom hole ..

1.43 to 1.47 60 ft times...

ummm yeah . saw the video . there ya go.

Ok so I installed the 1" drop coils and roller spring perches on Saturday - I installed the Bilisteins Sport Tune shocks on all 4 corners about a month ago. Now I ready for my rims and tires. Although the coils were 1" drop coils it didn't drop the front end at all ......it's still 27 1/4" from the garage floor to the top center of the wheel well. So I'm looking to put on some 275x60R15s on 15x8 Draglites with a 5.5 BS on the back. Has anyone used this bs on their mustang without any clearance problems?

Ok so I installed the 1" drop coils and roller spring perches on Saturday - I installed the Bilisteins Sport Tune shocks on all 4 corners about a month ago. Now I ready for my rims and tires. Although the coils were 1" drop coils it didn't drop the front end at all ......it's still 27 1/4" from the garage floor to the top center of the wheel well. So I'm looking to put on some 275x60R15s on 15x8 Draglites with a 5.5 BS on the back. Has anyone used this bs on their mustang without any clearance problems?

You may have to give the drop springs a little time for them to settle down a bit.