So I'm days away from rebuilding my engine. 351W I'm going to put a 400hp edelbrock top end kit in bored 30 and redo the bottom end. I bought a 650 Holley carb a little over half a year ago. Should I just use that or put a FiTech EFI/Holley EFI on this? I've heard great things about the Fitech and to buy it before Holley buys them out.

I've heard that people have a hard time tuning on them at first.

Has anyone had experience with this?

The fitech body is a 850cfm that I think would be better than a 650 for your motor(650 to small)

I have had the fitech for almost a year now and I would not trade it for any carb.

sold my 750-950-1050 and dont want them back.....408C....

There is a local Speed Shop in Beaumont that has the FI Tech kits on the shelf and they are selling for under 1k if I recall.

The owner said they have sold quite a few kits and have had nothing but Great service from the units with zero problems to speak of.

I'm considering the same FiTech for my 331 to replace my brand new 650 Edelbrock with Edelbrock RPM top end kit.

Just install ed motor but have lots to do before it hits the street.

My mechanic friend just put one on his GMC pickup and swears by it, said it was the simplest install he has ever had to replace a carb.

He also bought this return fuel system to keep his mechanical pump.

There is a local Speed Shop in Beaumont that has the FI Tech kits on the shelf and they are selling for under 1k if I recall.

The owner said they have sold quite a few kits and have had nothing but Great service from the units with zero problems to speak of.

MikeStang,

Do you know the name of the shop in the Beaumont area that installs the FI tech kits?  Are you running one yourself?  I'm considering making a change from my current Edelbrock Carb 750.  I'm considering putting a QuickFuel Carb 750 on my car because of some local shop telling me its one of the best carbs for my application.  Does anyone have experience with the quickfuel carbs?

Not shore what the TPS would have to do with the transmission controller please explain how it mite interfere?

I dont care how good someone tells you a carb is it is still not FI

Carbs are 100+ year old tech that has changed very little.

cars have been using FI from 1976 on so its not that new in itself but it has come a long ways.. 

Gary Watson Racing in Beaumont sales the FI tech units RCE... You could do the install yourself easy enough... They had 2 units and a command center on the shelf when i was there

Byron the FI tech TPS will work with our Bauman controller according to FI tech...Just have to splice in