Sign in to follow this  
BillC

70 Mach 1 Door light

Thank you Brian for the welcome and the info. I live in Maine in the summer and Florida in the winter. I see your from San Diego. I just bought this car from a gentleman from there. It's yellow and was advertised for sale on eBay. It didn't sell but I made a deal with the owner after the auction. You may know this car. The car just arrived in Maine two days ago by Passport Transport.

Thanks again,

Bill

post-45590-0-33121700-1472079657.jpeg

No, don't believe I have seen your yellow , 70, 428 CJ, shaker before.  With over 4 million people rubbing elbows around here that's not suprising.  Brian

I guess that's not surprising Brian. The gentleman I bought it from was 78 years young and kept it hidden in his garage for 26 years driving it only on occasion. It broke his heart to sell it but I promised to give it a good home. He has a second 428CJ and a Jaguar XKE that he plans on keeping.

I'm working on the punch list now. A few bulbs, reinstalling the kick down rod and giving it a tune up. Looking forward to changing the plugs, haha. I have to look into the electronic ignition. The tach doesn't work. Don't know what kind of ignition it is yet but I may be asking you for your opinion when the time comes.

Thanks for making me feel at home with the group.

Bill

Welcome, Bill C.  Nice car. 

Dang, am I the only one here with a small block? Welcome to the forum Bill, your new Mach 1 looks pristine in the photo. Congrats and welcome to the club, Mustang club that is.

No, my 1969 Mach 1 is a 351W car.  Big blocks are cool.  I am partial to the FE series.  But in a Mustang with the small engine compartments . . . I just don't know? 

Just to get ahead of you a little bit;  If your tach isn't working it may be due to an electronic ignition poorly installed.  I recently had some trouble with a Pertronix 1 (1281).  Ran it for about 6 years and one day just quit working and it took me a bit to figure that out.  I have gone back to points, Motorcraft gaped at 20, and am fine with that.  Depending on the configuration of your hands and in particular your fingers may determine how you do your tune-up.  My hands dictate that I remove the valve covers.  It just makes it easier to get the plugs threaded and boots back on correctly/securely.  Besides with the VC's off you can check the head part numbers, dates and get a look what all is in there.  I run about 13 degrees BTC of timing and Motorcraft/Autolite 45's gaped at 35.  Brian