Topless69GT

EFI finally installed

I finally got the efi installed in my 69 convertible. I used the FiTech system and so far I love it. Well worth the money. I went with the fuel command center over buying an efi fuel tank and the in-line fuel pump. The fit was too tight in the engine compartment so the fuel command center was mounted in the fender well towards the back of the headlight bucket. I have a 351w with p/s and a/c so that is why there was not enough space. I am working on making a shield to protect the command center from anything that the tire may throw at it. The return line was tapped into the fuel filler neck.

post-443-0-30000800-1471095051.jpeg

Very cool- I've been really considering the new Holley Sniper EFi system myself...so tired of rough starts, constantly adjusting idle, etc with the 750 carb. You will have to let us know how it runs with it!

Lower right corner of the photo is down. The left side is the back of the headlight bucket. Car runs great with the efi. Engine runs way better than it did before. Really made it come alive. It was a little hard to get used to at first because the gas pedal is really stiff. I am doing much better with it now after many unintentional tire squeals when leaving stop lights. Many intentional ones as well. The best part of the EFI is that my wife has stopped complaining about gas and exhaust smell.

if you are using a return spring on the throttle body..

Take it off and try it... life will be better..

Fitech is one to one on the throttle plates unlike holly that is progressive.

that alone takes a little getting use too. 

Is your 351 stock or modified with a cam at all ?

Which model FiTech did you get ?   Is it controlling your advance as well ?

I;m considering the same for my 302 (331) with a Edelbrock RPM cam and top end kit.

Please give us all a follow up review after you've had it on a while.

Tom