MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

Were you using the black paint as a guide coat?

It's looking pretty damn hot for the rest of the week. Not too hot for colour? Or will you be up early and straight into it?

How do you like the Festool equipment? I ummed and ahhed about buying some of their other gear years ago. They make a really nice biscuiting/dowel machine. But they are not cheap. Quality isn't though.

The black you see in the last pics is put over the sealer and works well, just needs a light rub.

We reckon there will be Candy apple red by the weekend. Fingers crossed . Today was just ridiculous.53 degrees in the engine room of a boat i was working on.

Felt like crap and wringing wet with sweat, going to to the car was nice .

Meant to be a 90% chance of rain tomorrow and the next day in our area so fingers crossed for you the temp drops a little to help out. You are so close to colour now. I hope you are beginning to stock up on rear tyres for the wife. Haha!

45 degrees here in the shade today. The humidity was insane before 9am. I gave up around midday and called it quits. I was only going to hurt myself pushing on out there in that.

Good stuff that you called it quits too and went and played cars. Being couped up like that in an engine bay you would have done some damage to yourself too.

Most of my gear is Makita, Carbatec or Hare and Forbes. The Germans sure make some nice machinery.

Well we started rubbing down the car for final buffing but after two power blackouts and torrential rain we called it quits.

Finished the trunk lid , came out great. Due to the crappy light it looks orange but it's candy apple red alright , looks fantastic.

Get some better pics when we have power and good light.

P1010024_zpsjgdxequw.jpg