MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

Glued in the front screen fitted the rear screen .

Trim on left rear corner is being weighted down as it was sitting a little proud.

One more step out the way and getting closer to finishing.

P1010172.JPG

P1010173.JPG

P1010174.JPG

P1010175.JPG

Just fitted the rhs door glass to the door after re gluing the glass to the brackets .

Came out spot on , thanks for the people who posted how to glue the glass correctly.

So much knowledge and help on this site.

Again thank you.

Just looked at the lh door window and it has been glued before and it is over 1 inch out of position, a real crap job.

No wonder everything was bent in there, some people have no idea.

It is fathers day down here so i just started cooking on my new bbq, after that and a couple of medicinal Jack Daniels then it's glue time which is so much fun.

Coming along great. Very close now. I got a new fish finder / GPS for fathers day. I think my boy wants to do a bit more fishing. Spent 6 hours on Saturday walking through the scrub looking for reptiles so fishing is a lot less hard work. Found 3 Brown snakes and a Broad Head. Some nice photos and managed not to get bitten although a little close at one time.

Happy fathers day guys

That's a pretty nice hint more fishing is on the cards for you, Mal. hehe. Getting closer to that time of year again though. Once the wind dies down I'll be back at it myself.

Did everything int he window mech manage to straight back out for you, Mac? Gees that is frustrating but I hope the internals aren't too effected. Not going to be fun chasing replacements of those if need be.

Forgot to tell you, last Sat my car the Dodge Charger was invited  to  the Gosford car museum for a concourse judging show.

The car won a prize against Ferrari 's and other European cars , was stoked.

That sort of show is not me.Here is pic of the car

Window glass in and new disc rotors being fitted.They are balanced and black special coating.

P1010180.JPG

P1010176.JPG

P1010178.JPG

Progressing very nicely. Not long now. Love that Charger. I had an Austarlain 73 Chrysler by Chryler Hard Top. Sold it for about $2,000 twenty years ago. Soo wish I hadn't. Had similar lines to your Dodge

Every now and then you have a win.

My tail lights were shot, bid for a set on e bag from a deceased estate and the only owe me $100 aud landed here to me.

Just cleaned em up and they are really nice , complete with buckets which are mint, so i fitted them.

Also repaired my fender splash shield which was cracked but all there.

P1010185.JPG

P1010181.JPG

Great stuff Mac!

You going to the Gosford Museum made me look into the origin of Gosford. I live around the corner from a railroad stop and road named Gosford in Bakersfield California. 

My Gosford was founded by the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1893 and named in honor of the Earl of Gosford, former landowner. Gosford was  unincorporated community in Kern County, California.[1] It is located on the Southern Pacific Railroad 7 miles (11 km) southwest of Bakersfield

Your Gosford was named in 1839 after Archibald Acheson, 2nd Earl of Gosford – a friend of the then Governor of New South Wales George Gipps.

So now you know the rest of the story Mac. Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?  :)

Your car is looking awesome, I notice your passenger side door has dropped a little, always a good idea to set them a tad high, so the door takes the extra weight and drops slightly, pain in the butt to have to remove the front fender to adjust.

Is your headliner from TMI? I have the same little ripples at the end of each seam. I think it might have something to do with the bow sleeve material being stitched all the way to the edges .  It really bugs me.

On 7/18/2017 at 5:37 AM, MAC390 said:

Here is the headliner , fitted last night

P1010163.JPG

Got my seats back today and i reassembled them, also got the fast back roof ornaments . New disc brake master cylinder and small grille surrounds.

Got the Ford front hood molding, expensive and you still have to work it but better than the cheap one .

Next week my rear window louvers, front spoiler, rear spoiler, 1 inch sway bar, tie rod ends, strut bar rubbers and brake hoses.

My wife wants the car done also the eldest daughter  so i can take her to her school formal(and lay rubber in the school parking lot.)

Pressures on.

P1010191.JPG

P1010192.JPG

On 9/19/2017 at 4:59 AM, unilec said:

Your car is looking awesome, I notice your passenger side door has dropped a little, always a good idea to set them a tad high, so the door takes the extra weight and drops slightly, pain in the butt to have to remove the front fender to adjust.

You need to add a 25lb weight to an empty door in order to set it properly.