MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

Wow, nice work!

I've been in a phone and internet blackout for nearly two weeks due to a Telstra stuff up. It's been extremely frustrating. As of this arvo we are now connected to the world again. Looks like both you and the people operating this forum have been busy.

Sorry I missed you at Kurri as well. We were there in the morning but after a quick walk around and a feed, the kids were hot and over it so we took off. Only saw a fraction of the cars that were there, which were a lot, but it was still a nice day out. Hope you had fun!

First time in seven years I've had a problem with Telstra. Not happy with their effort.

One hour after one technician finally turned up and repaired the phone line fault, another technician came along and switched on the NBN making the phone line repair pointless. Anyway, it's done now. Hopefully that is the end of the dramas.

No, I didn't see it, sorry. After leaving I realised there were a lot of streets and areas we didn't see. We left around midday when the crowds were quite packed in. I think we got there around 10am so not a long time and most of it we were in the park area buying and eating food.

Got a bit more done,

New upper inners and ball joints and spring saddles , waiting for new lower control arms and discs to arrive.

Fitted up lower dash and wiring loom, loom not butchered and fitted side air vents.Engine and trans going in next weekend.

P1010084_zpslolve3ij.jpg

Raven, the hood blackout paint is Glasurit, i can send you the formula if you want.

One of my mates down here has a real boss 302 and is concourse correct and he reckons the colour is pretty spot on,he likes it.

Well it's Good Friday down here and Easter holiday break.

Put the 390 in with the C6 and the hooker super comps bolted up also.

With my 15 yo daughter and my apprentice marine engineer helping me we got it in and bolted up in under 2hrs, that's a major step forward.

Also put the carpets in so they can settle into the shape, the carpets are well made and a excellent fit.

P1010086_zpssnfw37li.jpg

P1010088_zpsx1cbtd2x.jpg

Well , my paint man has made an easy formula for the hood blackout.

This is for Glasurit paint but he says you can cross reference to the the other brands.

Here is the Glasurit profile number m*02*48-00

Now this colour was on our GT FALCONS in 69 to 71 for the hood blackouts.

Original paint was Acrylic.

This is what my paint guy has done to make it easier, use  HYUNDI trim colour xk matt black

You can adjust to suit and as i said this looks so close to original but try it on a panel.

Hope it helps.

11 hours ago, MAC390 said:

Hey Mal,

2 pac clear over base Glasurit paint .

My buddy and painted the car in his monster car port.and i can help you there also.

Thanks for that. I have painted in 2 pac and acrylic in the past. Always prefered acrylic because of the overspray and easyness of a good dust free finish. There is more than one of my old neighbours cars that got oversprayed.

The 2 pacs I used in the past were Eurocryl and Acran neither of which would come back to a good shine after wet n dry. The 2 pac you have used seems a big improvement on the old ones.

Well pushed the car outside in the sun to see what it looks like.

The car is dusty but looks great and the hood blackout looks great.

Installed the new steering box and power steer ram and direction valve assembly and new idler arm, just got to do lower control arms and tie rods.

Ordered new alloy water pump and put new bearing in steering column next to install.after painting.

Had the original booster over hauled and bought a new master cyl

Here is a few pics in the sun , it looks orange in pics.

P1010095_zpsbgld4xhw.jpg

P1010096_zps01jfkmld.jpg

P1010099_zpsdockvw83.jpg

P1010100_zpsz87p9tnj.jpg

P1010093_zpsgittgcet.jpg