MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

Mate you are correct, got the shi#s bad , spent today removing all the bits for the removal.

Got trans oil all over me , engine out tomorrow night with the help of my family.

I will take pics of this fabulous event(really pissed off)

If you haven't already got the seals, do yourself a favour and get a really fresh set. I had a set that had been on my shelf for a while and they were impossible to fit and tore them to pieces trying. I got another set and they went straight in.

Getting new seals , pan gasket and filter, also i am going to change all the valve stem oil seals while engine is out.

One step forward and two steps back but it will be all good in the end, be off the road for a couple of weeks.

Mac390, the pump seal is a large oring with square cross section, right? I had a pump seal leak on a C4 where I tried a few new seals with no luck. Come to find out, new seals were not thick enough to seal properly. I got some polyster/cotton mix sewing tread  and wrapped it on the pump groove the seal fits in then put a thin bead of RTV on tread which increased the diameter of the groove and when the seal is put on, the outside dia of the installed seal increased which caused the seal to fit tight to the case and stopped the leak. It has been about 10 years and I have not had a leak complaint from the owner of the car.

No sealer on the pump mounting bolts, changed the pump quad ring and converter oil seal and put a new bush in the pump housing.

Also had the converter pressure checked , all good.

Get my new Remflex header gaskets on Tuesday so i will start putting the engine and trans in during the week at night so i can drive it next weekend.

Got to psych myself up to do the job, uncle Jack Daniels is always there to help me.

9 hours ago, MAC390 said:

No sealer on the pump mounting bolts, changed the pump quad ring and converter oil seal and put a new bush in the pump housing.

Also had the converter pressure checked , all good.

Get my new Remflex header gaskets on Tuesday so i will start putting the engine and trans in during the week at night so i can drive it next weekend.

Got to psych myself up to do the job, uncle Jack Daniels is always there to help me.

He's a good friend!

Gorgeous. But then I may be slightly prejudiced. What tire and wheel combo did you choose? I also went with blackwalls on chrome GT style wheels. I like the raised white letter tires but EVERYONE uses them. Super job MAC390. WOW.     Dave R.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:27 AM, MAC390 said:

Thanks Dave R.

The chrome 12 slot gt wheels are 15/7 front and 15/8 rear.

Tyres are Mastercraft  Front 235/60 /15.  Rear 245/60 15.

Sweet looking.   Dave R.