MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

Well today i fired up the engine, the electric fuel pump works well and the electric fan is switchable.

The alternator works, brand new power steering works nice, all the new brakes are great.

Backed the car out of the garage, great feeling it's so different to when i got it..

Will post a vid if i can do it

Well it's Christmas eve down here and it's bloody hot.

Put the gauge cluster back in and everything works, just got to adjust the tank sender unit.

Had some carby issues after sitting so long so i sorted them then took the car outside to the small lane in front of the house.

Stepped on it and the rears with new tires lit up straight away, quickly put it back in the garage 

Nearly there now. will be registered right after the Christmas break.

MY wife told me , she's going to blow the doors off my Charger, will have to put the HEMI in it

Her car is real fast and she is a lead foot. 

P1010308.JPG

You're not wrong about it being bloody hot! This mid to high 40 degree stuff is not fun. Bring on the change that is due this arvo. It means it's going to rain but we need it bad.

Well done, it's basically done and it looks fantastic!! It's a solid effort you have put in. I bet the wife is so excited.

Replaced the rear float and needle and seat in carby.

Corrected a few rear brake issues, basically reassemble correctly and adjust.

Fitted up the mildly restored rim blow and the horns work.

Adjusted the door glass and assembled the deluxe door trims and installed to doors

Put the engine id on the shaker..

Ordered some console pieces from NPD.

P1010316.JPG

P1010318.JPG

P1010319.JPG

P1010321.JPG

4 hours ago, Midlife said:

What's the device on the left floor on the driver's side?  It looks like some sort of push/pull lever.

Are you asking about the window crank handle closer to the seat or the switch closer to parking brake pedal?

Waiting for the screws for the window winder handles and i have to mount the electric fan switch to the underside of the dash.

Holiday time down here and the Mustang parts guys are not working till the new year.

Well after the cars fight with the bedroom window , i finally fixed the body damage and took it down on my trailer this morning to my buddy the painter.

We reckon we will have it finished in 2 to 3 weeks then i will get the new rear bumper bar on and the stripes then get it registered 

Put my foot into it and she smoked the tires real easy. ( my wife's car!!)

Ash , i had the car on a trailer  put the load straps on. moved the trailer forward .

Did not know that the parking pawl was cracked, the it broke and the car rocked the shitty heavy straps from bunnings which were load rated broke  and the car rolled off the trailer , down the driveway and into my eldest daughters bedroom.

Only broke the window and one piece of timber , so lucky and nobody injured

Took the straps back and denied any responsibility.

Lesson learned only use my heavy duty 2 tonne straps now.