MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

I have the modified base the GT Falcon guys use with high rise manifolds.

They make them in Melbourne. Got to mount the electric fuel pump , ignition and exhaust.

Got to get the new 12 slots 15/7 and 15/8.

Want it running for Christmas and take it to the All American Day at Castle Hill Towers in Jan .

Thanks Shep69, nearly there after two and a half years and i can see the light.

The rust and bad work done by the previous owner was a bad joke but she is a real S code will be great when finished.

The crazy part about this that they were driving the car in such bad condition.

1 hour ago, MAC390 said:

Thanks Shep69, nearly there after two and a half years and i can see the light.

The rust and bad work done by the previous owner was a bad joke but she is a real S code will be great when finished.

The crazy part about this that they were driving the car in such bad condition.

My situation sounds exactly the same . I had to rebuild the back end of the car as it must have been hit in the rear end and done such a dodgy fix. Sad part was I paid to get the car looked over before purchasing and all they said was the quarter panel was changed. Pretty rewarding doing the work yourself and you know it’s done to a much higher standard.

D8C09DF7-E814-49A8-AD8F-5E7A77DB2883.jpeg

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, MAC390 said:

I have the modified base the GT Falcon guys use with high rise manifolds.

They make them in Melbourne. Got to mount the electric fuel pump , ignition and exhaust.

Got to get the new 12 slots 15/7 and 15/8.

Want it running for Christmas and take it to the All American Day at Castle Hill Towers in Jan .

I haven't been to the All American Day before so will have to go this year. I hope it  doesn't happen while I'm away. I'd like to see your car there.

Today i pushed the Mach One outside to wash it as i was so filthy i could not stand it anymore.

Also the charger did a wedding for a mate of mine , excuse the state of the garage it's next on the list.

P1010274.JPG

P1010275.JPG

P1010276.JPG

P1010281.JPG

Well it's Saturday afternoon here and i just got my 31 spline 3:1 traction lock 9 inch out to check it out. It's all brand new.

Been in a wrapper for 12 months but it's all good. After i get the car running which should be in 2 weeks time , i will let the wife have a week with the 4:30 Detroit locker then in goes the traction lock which will be great for the highway driving the car will do.

My missus has a lead foot.

P1010282.JPG

P1010296.JPG

Tires fitted to the rims today

Wednesday wiring to start the engine then the exhaust.

Need to drop the front down , reckon i can get a inch drop before i have issues with the super comps.

Have to be careful with speed bumps, getting close.

P1010300.JPG

P1010301.JPG

P1010302.JPG

P1010303.JPG

19 hours ago, MAC390 said:

Hey Mal,

If you are not doing much down your way after Christmas come up to our place. A good run for the car.

Plenty of places to take the cars .

Sounds like a plan. I'll give you a bell after Christmas. I'll tell my son we're out looking for snakes.

That would be great, looking forward to you guys coming up our way.

Wired up the cooling fan , msd ignition, electric fuel pump and mini starter.

All works including the neutral start switch , now the instrument panel and dash gauges.

All the interior lights work and the engine cranks and has spark.

Going to fire her up on the weekend, getting so close now , i am really pleased.