MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

1 hour ago, Midlife said:

It finally made it through a "processing facility" whatever that means!  Someone's taking a very long Foster's break, I'm afraid...

Turned up a few minutes ago. Thanks Midlife. Looking forward to fititng it.

Well fixed up the headlight buckets and they are all in with new headlights and all hooked up.

Assembled the grille with new inner plastic headlight surrounds. So much was missing from this car.

Fitted the inner front plastic covers that go over the back of the headlight.

Fitted my recovered seats, 2 years 5 months since i have sat in a front seat in this car, a major accomplishment.

Also fitted my new stainless steel door sill molds, they look great. Fuel and ignition next.

P1010228.JPG

P1010230.JPG

P1010233.JPG

P1010234.JPG

Looking great. Very close to being on the road. I started fitting the halogen lights to mine and broke the little chrome ring that goes around the glass. Not sure if I can tack it back together or need a new one. It's always something,.

We have brakes, so much fun with the so called direct fit master cyl, anyway it all works with no leaks.

Got a chrome export brace and chrome Monte Carlo bar to fit also.

My original alternator is being serviced and my mini starter is being modified for more clearance on the super comps.

Excuse the dust, the car is filthy.

P1010238.JPG

P1010239.JPG

P1010240.JPG

Cars looking awesome mate, love the seats, I have just managed to get a set of original spindles and disc brackets, what make are the original calipers? What make is the brake booster as well?

Mate ,the original calipers have FOMOCO  on one part

They look exactly the same as xw or xy falcon and that's the brake pads i used

Booster is the factory Bendix which i reconditioned

Hope this helps

I got them done by a hot rod trimmer up my way, met him at a car show and his is a nice guy.

Cost me $260 for him to strip down ,paint the frames and fit my new covers on and did a great job.

Thanks guys.

Put the mini starter in today, steering all up and mounted the power steering pump.

Installed the Monte Carlo bar and export brace, my shock towers have not moved so that's a relief.

Fixed all the cracks in the rim blow wheel and painted the black part , came out nice.

P1010270.JPG

P1010272.JPG