MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

Some goodies arrived today. 

rear window louvers, rear wing, front spoiler, 1'' sway bar, tie rod ends, mini starter, electric fuel pump,brake m/c.

,Door rubbers stainless sill panels.

Had to sit the window louvers on just to check them out.

P1010195.JPG

P1010202.JPG

P1010198.JPG

P1010196.JPG

Well it's Sat night down here so my middle daughter helps fit the new dyna corn rear bumper. Take off the protective wrapping and it has small fine scratches in the chrome.

Also the fit is not flash but i can adjust that, only reason i got this bar was the $700 aud to triple plate my bar, i will do that later.

Then we fitted the NPD rear spoiler , nice bit of gear, easy to fit and looks great. and my main box of goodies was not delivered on Friday with the other 2 boxes.

Shipping companies are slack , they just don't care.Now we are going to mount the rear window louvers.

P1010205.JPG

Monday down here and it's been a holiday 3 days.

Starting to make the fuel pump mounting bracket , clean the undersides a bit.

Fitted the headlight extn housing rubbers and fitted the thin grille surrounds , one side is good and the other  i had to work a lot to make it fit better and it's a Corvex brand.

Fitted the stone tray and then the molding on the front, another corvex part and it' not good , wonder if i got a bad one.

Sat the grille and it all fits , the i put on the front bar to see what issues i would have, Dynacorn brand and it fitted up pretty good, must have got something right when doing the bodywork.

Also put on the rocker panel moldings , rhs went on great but the lhs molding was bent out of the plastic wrapper and the rear screw hole was about double the size it should be.

Sending that molding back for a new one.

P1010209.JPG

P1010210.JPG

Coming along great. I have next week off to get mine back on the road. The replacement instrument circuit wiring from Midlife has gone missing in the mail. Got to Sydney and disappeared. Bloody Australia Post. I'll give it another week and order another. The joys of living so far from all the good parts.

2 minutes ago, Midlife said:

It finally made it through a "processing facility" whatever that means!  Someone's taking a very long Foster's break, I'm afraid...

Thanks for following this up. Looks like it will turn up shortly. By the way they don't sell Fosters in Australia. Go figure, it's sold everywhere else in the world as the beer Aussies drink but we don't.

1 hour ago, bigmal said:

Thanks for following this up. Looks like it will turn up shortly. By the way they don't sell Fosters in Australia. Go figure, it's sold everywhere else in the world as the beer Aussies drink but we don't.

Huh!  I bought Fosters in Darwin in 1976, along with several other beers that I can't remember their names (I was drunk at the time...). 

34 minutes ago, stangnet33 said:

That's funny, what beer do you boy's like to drink ? I like the atmosphere of your garage with all the brick work.  

I like Tooheys Extra Dry or Great Northern. Also like Corona with lemon.