MAC390

Mach 1 resto in Australia

Had a bit of spare time today before taking my 8 yo fishing,( she caught 7 fish ).

Painted the tail shaft and while i was cleaning it i found the colours on it, i know the shafts were not painted but mine is not a concourse build. So i painted them on where they used to be.

Made a stamp for my paint inspection, Checked the Detroit locker and it's a 4.30 31 spline all right, that's coming out for more of a highway friendly unit.

Took a pic of the hood to check the camera, that's my 70 R/T Charger in the background.

P1010114_zpsakm2x4am.jpg

P1010110_zpsaqt4lzpd.jpg

P1010108_zpsqu0mgssb.jpg

P1010116_zpsbjaagmrc.jpg

Well i test fitted up the dash and it all fits, very happy.

The car had no dash pad when we bought it so it's great that it's on

Sending the rim blow over to New Zealand to get restored, the guy does a great job.

Headliner next then glass . Started on the doors also but need a few parts to complete.

Taking the kids to Disneyland in June so i hope to get a few parts then.

P1010136_zpsdenjmjju.jpg

Looking great. I have emailed the guy in NZ and will send mine to him later in the year. I had two goes at replacing the rimblow at $270 a pop and buggered it both times. I contacted him and he will supply and fit for around $175. And that's NZ dollars.

Well , we are back from our Disneyland holiday and back into work.

Saturday arvo down here so i pulled apart the fold down seat to polish the chrome fittings and replace the carpet.

Bigger job than i expected but it came out well, headliner next then the glass.

Did not see one classic muscle car on the road, only 1 new corvette, stacks of Camaro's , Challengers and Mustangs and my favorite pick up trucks

P1010152_zpsexeacimu.jpg

5 hours ago, MAC390 said:

I have some big blanking grommets to put in the holes where the roll cage went into the trunk , kinda like battle scars.

Yes,

Next to the tunnel at the base of the seat back.

Found them, all this stuff was not installed in the car when i got it, just in boxes and not many mach 1s up my way to look at.

Sat the front and rear screens in their respective holes to see how the car looks. they go in on Sat. More progress again.

P1010169.JPG

P1010170.JPG

P1010171.JPG