smh00n

Trunk/rear fixed seat sealer panel

Try as I might, the interweb has not given up any details on what seals the trunk compartment off from the passenger compartment when the rear seat is fixed on my '70 sportsroof.

I want to stop gas fumes coming through from the trunk as much as I can, so was there a panel that did this? And if there was, who stocks new ones?

When you say gas fumes do you mean exhaust fumes? Or do you smell gas? If exhaust and your pipes exits out the rear it might be time for a new trunk seal, tail light seals, filler neck to taillight panel seal, or you might need to reseal the tank to the body. If you actually smell gas better check the hose that connects the filler to the tank, or the tank itself. My 69 (fold down rear seat) really has nothing to "seal" the trunk from the passenger compartment.

I smell gas from the tank. Has a new repro tank.

I replaced the rubber hose which reduced it a bit but still have leakage. Have to check the hose clamps and filler neck to make sure they are OK.

I thought maybe there was a filler panel behind the seat as it seems a bit weird that there is nothing to stop fumes coming in from the tank anyway. But I guess in 1970 that wasn't a big deal.

Really need to fix the issue of the gas fumes. In regards to the divider, in lieu of buying one, I madea divider out of 1/4" Masonite, painted it flat black, and then installed the insulating pad in between the board and seat.