Well, I have the TCP power rack. It is hands down the best on the market. Several reasons for that.

1. Build quality. It is made up of Woodward internals. Will not break. No plastic tie rod mounts like some have.

2. Geometry. The tie rods at or very near to the factory location because the rack replaces the center crossmember that runs right behind the original steering links. The bump steer correction kit will allow you to get rid of any bumpsteer. The rack uses only original bolt holes in the frame.

3. Tuning. The flow rate of the KRC pump can be changed to get a lighter or harder feel. The internal torsion bar can be changed to further tune road feel, and the servos can be adjusted to correct steering bias.

Those that have the manual TCP r/p rave about that, never tried it. It's about preference I think. Just like r/p and steering boxes, it's about personal preference.

http://totalcontrolproducts.com/download/datasheets/RCK_DS_WEB.pdf

As for TCP vs GW, I don't know, I have the TCP stuff. Never let me down, but I'm not fond of the VariShocks.

One important thing about the Detroit Speed suspension; if you want to run a Coyote in it, the only headers that will fit is the $4500 Detroit Speed headers!

Barnett I think with the modifications I have made in the front end (Roller perches, Drop Coils, roller control arms, adjustable strut rods and much bigger than stock rubber on the front and back may have compounded what was an already overly powerful power steering system.

Most of us don't get a lot of practice at performing high speed emergency maneuvers and have not been driving these cars since the 70's so when I say that the factory power steering set-up with all of the other stuff will put you in a bad spot fast if you are not careful I don't car who you are or how long you have driven these things it is a bad place to be period.

By this I mean most of us are accustomed to being able to yank the wheel 1/4 turn and make a lane change..I jerk the wheel 1/4 turn and your in the ditch with the quickness.. its almost like playing a video game in that you don't get any feedback what so ever... Not that the stock PS system is bad, It just needs to be dialed back some... I have a stock ratio Steering box as well... Maybe I am just more accustomed to driving new cars as of late and see that the old PS system VS a new car system give totally different feels... It can be down right scarry at times if you are not used to it...

Barnett I think with the modifications I have made in the front end (Roller perches, Drop Coils, roller control arms, adjustable strut rods and much bigger than stock rubber on the front and back may have compounded what was an already overly powerful power steering system.

Most of us don't get a lot of practice at performing high speed emergency maneuvers and have not been driving these cars since the 70's so when I say that the factory power steering set-up with all of the other stuff will put you in a bad spot fast if you are not careful I don't car who you are or how long you have driven these things it is a bad place to be period.

By this I mean most of us are accustomed to being able to yank the wheel 1/4 turn and make a lane change..I jerk the wheel 1/4 turn and your in the ditch with the quickness.. its almost like playing a video game in that you don't get any feedback what so ever... Not that the stock PS system is bad, It just needs to be dialed back some... I have a stock ratio Steering box as well... Maybe I am just more accustomed to driving new cars as of late and see that the old PS system VS a new car system give totally different feels... It can be down right scarry at times if you are not used to it...

ah, yes, ok and yes i know what you mean about going from a new car steering to the old school style and trying to instantly adapt . i have just done it so often it is second nature to me but then that is more the exception than the norm . i haven't used the latest and greatest racks on these cars so i can't say how they work but all of the racks these companies came out with in the beginning were total crap but of course things don't always stay the same and they do sometimes get better.

The only thing wrong with the factory (power) steering, in my opinion, is that it is just way overboosted.  I want some road feel.

I am either converting to Borgeson or Electric steering.  I am leaning towards electric more and more.  I think rack and pinion is ok too.  I just don't want to put that much money into the steering and have to worry more about whether it will clear headers.

Nick I haven't made any more progress on my 66 with the M2 Suspension.

My best friend rolled a 68FB into the shop and we instantly went to work on that thing, and have been on it every night Monday thru Thursday LOL...Still got a ways to go on it so I don't see the 66 Getting a lot done any time soon :(

I've had the GW front kit for a few years now with no issues. That include tubular UCAs, LCAs, strut rod, and coil over. Seems there was no real difference between TCP and GW when I bought them...other than cost. FWIW, GW now sells an UCA with more built in positive caster which would be beneficial if going the borgeson route and correcting return to center issues.