Sign in to follow this  
bryonbush

wiring harness question

In the next few months or so ill be picking up the aaw kit. For those who have it, is there an extra line that has enough (30) amps to run fans? Im not too worried about the headlight relays they have but how has that worked if you're running h4 or halogen bulbs? generally, what are the amp ratings for the open spots not assigned to anything? Have any suggestions, or negative things to look out for? 

Thanks. 

I have the AAW wiring harness installed. There is an electric fan wire bt not sure what the amp rating is. I have dual spal fans and it works great. The AAW is a quality kit but if I had it to do over again I would go with the painless kit. The painless kit uses the Ford color coded wires where AAW uses their own colors. Hard to trouble shoot some times.

I didn't have an issue with the color differences (I seem to remember them being the same because I had an issue with my tail lights) but they are labeled.

I didn't have an issue with the install. I had to call about my HLs not working...seems like the brights would work but the regular HL would not. There is a small pic in the instructions that show how the wires should be installed into their connectors in the instructions. I missed the pic and had them installed incorrectly.

The only thing is that you will need the double crimper tool for the HL connections. Let me know if you want to borrow mine. PM me.

I got a 1 wire 120 amp alternator from Summit. I had to clock the alt case to get it to mount. t was real easy. You will need to get a coil that doesn't require the resistive wire that will be removed. I went with a Mallory electronic distributor and e-coil. I mounted the e-coil on the firewall just aft of the driver side valve cover. Works great. There are other options for a dizzy the Mallory spark box but I didn't want something that big under the hood. I prefer a cleaner look.