Raven R code

Paint-sheen-color.....what did you have good luck with?

First....not doing concours or a trailer queen....but I'm looking to do it right. So....engine compartment....anyone use Eastwood 's 2K ceramic chassis black? If so, does it have the correct sheen to it? Also, considering doing the master cylinder and bendix power booster in Eastwood 2K ceramic semi black (I believe it to be close to original.

If Eastwood doesn't match original.....is there a 2K paint that does?

Also, what paint do people consider to be a close match for phosphate parts?

Thanks!

eastwood spray gray is good for a reasonable phosphate look for a non concours car. i also use amk silver colored orig stye bolts and a lot of other silver colored bolts so it looks fashy when i open the hood.

Yeah...I had every nut and bolt on the engine, suspension and engine compartment plated......quite the wow factor! ;)

Just need to be as close as possible on the paint color and sheen for everything forward of the firewall.

Thanks

I have used the Eastwood "Extreme" Chassis Black (Satin) and I really like the look.  I use the corresponding "Chassis Black" primer along with it.   It is the next step up from their basic Chassis black, which I also really like.  I used the original on my '68 restoration 7 or 8 years ago, and the paint looks new.  I have used the "2K" version, but honestly, I can't justify the price, based on my really good experience with the previous versions of their paint.  

Also a thumbs up here for "Spray Grey".   One of my favorite choices for the phosphate look on a variety of small parts and brackets.

The only problem I have with the Eastwood paints is I hate their spray nozzles, even the recent, upgraded ones.    They tend to clog and are hard to use.

VHT has a really excellent paint that you can get at Auto Zone that they call "Roll Bar" paint.  I really like that finish, and it has by far the best spray nozzle of any of the rattle cans I have used.    And....I have used a lot of rattle cans.

DP90LF epoxy leaves a good egg-shell finish, but when exposed to UV light over time will turn chalky.  This is an excellent epoxy primer and very easy to spray.  It is fairly expensive, though.

Side note.....back when I did this in 1988, krypton 1613 was the color and finish to have.....then it disappeared. I just noticed that NPD sells a rattle can that duplicates the 1613 formula but runs around $14/can. After calling krylon, I found out that they still make the original formula under their commercial line of products. I'm wondering if I should still go that route?

Ju

You should check out KBS Black top in satin. Did my engine compartment with it and I can honestly say it looks great. Probably the best spray paint I have ever used. It's about $23 a can and worth every penny

Just requested a paint chip of their satin black. Thanks!