Sign in to follow this  
el70gato

How rare 351 Cleveland 2 barrel shaker car 1970

I thought all 70 2V 351 were Windsor motors.  I have an H code Mach1.  

Nope, not all. The 70 H code cars were Windsors at first, but switched over to Clevelands mid-year after the Windsor supply ran dry. The orange car in my sig is a December build and had an H code Cleveland in it.

Sportsroof, AC, shaker, 351C whats not to like?  It probably has other options also. It will never be worth big money, but it is a desirable car.  Get the regular Marti report, it will tell part of the story.    

It could be worth more than you think ?? A 1970 Mach 1 351 C shaker car sold for $80,000 it was a 1 of 1 car.  How many sport roofs have shaker's ??? . He's getting the deluxe Marti report to get the whole story .

It could be worth more than you think ??

How many sport roofs have shaker's ??? .

A 1970 Mach 1 351 C shaker car sold for $80,000 it was a 1 of 1 car.

He's getting the deluxe Marti report to get the whole story .

1. No it can't.

2. Very few, and there is a very god reason which is because they were extremely undesireable.

3. Ok, than your question has been answered and he should ask $80,000.00 for it then.

4. That won't make it worth a penny more.

Bubonic plauge is rare but nobody wants it.

Leperacy is rare but nobody wants it.

People often assign unrealistic prices to these types of vehicles that very few people wanted in the first place then wonder why they don't sell . As mentioned, any shaker car is cool and certainly is worth more than a non shaker car, but it will never be worth anywhere near what a real Mach 1 with the same size engine and a shaker will be . A realistic estimate for that car would be that it is worth around $3000.00 more than the same car in the same condition that doesn't have a shaker.

Barnett is blunt, but correct. There is a fallacy that rare automatically means more valuable. The Orange Grande in my sig is a 1 of 1 car. Why? Well, that color/interior combo for a Grande, of which they made 13,000, is pretty rare and a popular color, so far so good. But what got me to 1 of 1 was the fact that it has drum brakes and no air conditioning. I think most people would prefer the car to have those two very desirable options than over having a piece of paper that says nobody else in the world in 1970 thought this was the proper way you should order your car.

When you break down the options to include tinted glass, floor mats, long gone whitewall tires, power drums, all sorts of minutia, you end up with a surprising number of 1 of 1s.

While a 2 barrel car with a shaker is unusual, it is not more desirable to most anybody except people who obsess on serial numbers. For some people, that piece of paper seems to be really important. But I don't think, in this case, so important that it would actually increase the value of the car for what is considered a less than desirable option.

If I owned the car and planned to keep it, I would still probably buy the top end report, because I am curious like that. They have a version that is not all framed and gussied up that costs less than the top one, and it has the same info, if I am not mistaken.

As previously said the rarity will not add value in this case.  My opinion is the shaker and other options add value to this car.  The shaker would add ~ $2K more.  What I would pay for such a car would be determined from condition and options.  For me, I would likely heavily modify this car.    

Well have to wait and see . ?? $$$  i think your wrong . He's been offered $4,000 for carb and shaker  HM tells me some thing . All he added is rear window slats .And chromed  a few under hood items [has original's ]  Car was ordered  that way .  Rarity dictates price. 351 Cleveland 2 barrel shaker / A/C  /  Rear Spoiler / FMX trans /  Going to the Ford World Headquarters Mustang Memories Show in August 21 2016  [Anyone going ]  Bet I wont see one there   Let you know later . Can't wait to get Marti report     Barnet468  don't know where your coming from on your reply ????

extremely undesireable. Did you see pic

$80,000.00  never said that;s what he wanted ?

Well have to wait and see . ?? $$$  i think your wrong . He's been offered $4,000 for carb and shaker  HM tells me some thing . All he added is rear window slats .And chromed  a few under hood items [has original's ]  Car was ordered  that way .  Rarity dictates price. 351 Cleveland 2 barrel shaker / A/C  /  Rear Spoiler / FMX trans /  Going to the Ford World Headquarters Mustang Memories Show in August 21 2016  [Anyone going ]  Bet I wont see one there   Let you know later . Can't wait to get Marti report     Barnet468  don't know where your coming from on your reply ????

Well it just so happens that I buy repair and restore Mustangs for a living and have done so for 40 years, therefore I am actually extremely knowledgeable about values, and in fact, I do car valuations also. I have also sold cars at Barrett Jackson and Russo Steel and Silver auctions in both AZ and at Silver in Reno,  so I have seen thousands of cars cross the block . I also owned a 69 351 4v Windsor non Mach 1 shaker hood car.

As far as being offered $4,000.00 for the carb and shaker, I would have sold them in a heartbeat because I can buy a complete orig shaker for $2000.00 and I have thrown away several orig carbs. and in fact, if he has they guys number that wanted the parts, I will call him if you pm it to me and I will gladly sell him those parts for $4000.00, AND, I will even rebuild the carb.

Like I and others have said, rare does not mean desirable or collectible, and it is often the people that have these less desirable cars that are dreaming of the riches they think they can get from selling something very few wanted when it was new and very few want now.

What is your shop 's name ?? and located ?? looking for a shop to restore a 302 car I just bought

The shop I was partners with for 20 years was in so calif, however, my partner relocated to north carolina and opened one there . i am in so calif but don't do restos for private parties and there is only one shop i would trust in so calif to do it and that would be for a b grade resto at best . they do not do concours restos . if you tell me where you live i might know someone in your area.

a basic non rotisserie b grade resto will cost at least $25,000.00

If you need parts, I can sell you any scott drake stuff you need for around 10% off list price for orders of $100.00 or more due to the shipping costs.

A friend is thinking about selling his 70 mustang  Sports Roof standard interior automatic with a/c . Has a 351 Cleveland with a 2 barrel shaker . Told him to get Deluxe  Marti report before selling . How rare ??? first one I seen .

Beautiful car !!

No, rarity does not dictate price. Demand dictates price.

There is a reason some things are rare.