Raven R code

Shaker scoop color.....

I cant tell you because my stuff is so faded.

If i remember right  the shaker was more of a flat gloss than just a flat black like the hood.. 

I have seen both and dont think the shaker looks right in flat black.

Someone here knows better....

I cant tell you because my stuff is so faded.

If i remember right  the shaker was more of a flat gloss than just a flat black like the hood.. 

I have seen both and dont think the shaker looks right in flat black.

Someone here knows better....

Yeah.....brain fade....but I was thinking the same thing (as you).

Shaker should be a "satin" black not flat black like the hood.  Then you have to carefully remove the black paint from the fins to expose the aluminum.   I am sure that NPD or one of the major Mustang suppliers have the correct paint.

The other option, which I like, is to power coat it in a satin black.  The surface is much more durable. Then you can paint the ribs on the scoop if you want.

So....since there is no original flat black made anymore, is it safe to say the shaker might more closely match the hood these days? I'm still up in the air about the correct black out hood treatment paint. I do like the idea of powder coating the scoop and painting the fins. If powder coating , is there a correct color part number or other identifier?

So here is my problem....I like Brian's hood a lot but I think I need to go a little flatter with the black out since my car is also black, to show more contrast.....but I don't want it too susceptible to "dry skin " marks. Is it possible that the engine compartment paint is the same for the shaker?

Dave

Shaker should be a "satin" black not flat black like the hood.  Then you have to carefully remove the black paint from the fins to expose the aluminum.   I am sure that NPD or one of the major Mustang suppliers have the correct paint.

The other option, which I like, is to power coat it in a satin black.  The surface is much more durable. Then you can paint the ribs on the scoop if you want.

nice to know now thanks!