Caseyrhe

Thoughts?? Save or scrap it

Personally I think not bad for the price. I would have jumper on that deal. Are the torque boxes and front frame rails OK. Media blast and primer would be a great idea. It will tell you right where you are at with the body.

That is how I did mine. I media blasted it and then epoxy primed right away. If you do media blast. Tape up the holes going into the rockers or you will spend months trying to get the media out. Or better yet soda blast.

I put mine on a rotisserie and it made things so much easier.

My biggest concern at this point wouldn't be the exterior so much. Stopping the rust would be my priority. I would also concentrate on evaluating the extent of the rust repair needed. You might find that it is not as bad as it looks. Maybe it just needs a partial floor pan and some small repairs on the lower part of the doors, quarters, and fenders.

From what I can see in your pictures the car is mostly in tact and does not appear to have any major body damage.

You might find by media blasting that it has hidden issues also. Mine had a huge hidden issue with the roof. It looked like it had been smashed back to the middle support and then repaired incorrectly. They had as much as an inch of filler in  some spots.

Just to give you an idea of how long media blasting take.

Not counting building a rotisserie. I spent about 4 hours blasting. Another 2 to 3 hours priming with Omni MP180. I used a detail gun for the hard to reach areas and my 1.3 gun for the rest. It took a little under 1 Quart.

This was on the body with nothing else on it. fenders and doors I did separate. Doors and Fender took about 30 minutes each. Hood and Deck Lid were done by DA with 120 Grit Paper. I found that 120 stripped faster than 80.

This biggest mistake I made was not bagging everything I took off and marking where it went. Now I take pictures and bag everything. I write where it went on the bag with a permanent marker.

Spent a lot of time on the Grande today, more work than what I will want to tackle down the road. Have posted quite a few items on CL including the shell. Question, what would be a good asking price for the 69 front disc spindles, rotors, calipers, metal brake lines, and portioning valve?

Depends on what your local mark holds. I would look at eBay. Check craigslist and look for similar listings in your area. Possibly go state wide on craigslist. Find out how much replacements would cost from a parts store or online. I usually will ask about half of what they are new. That depends on condition though.

I have found a buyer for the shell and he is to pick it up in a couple of weeks. He is going to transfer his car over to my shell, which has good rails, boxes, and rear quarters, and a blue title in lieu of his salvage title. So feel good that the car will be saved. Eventually I will start posting the Grande parts with pictures, saving most everything else until mine and my brothers Machs are put together.

Thanks for all who responded and helped my decision making on saving yet another Stang