So, my headlights are uber dim. On top of that when I hit the high beams they turn on all 4 lights, but start surging/blinking on for a second off for a second (repeat). When I take the high beams off it is just 2 dim headlights that don't shine any further than 10ft. So, I bought some LED headlights that are supposed to be 3-4x brighter and they are also dim. I'm guessing I'm not pulling enough power. I don't know how to fix that problem. New wiring harness? New alternator? All or none of the above?

Had the same issue (dim lights) several years ago. I replaced the alt(and its wiring) and the harness from the firewall on out. Wires were just too old. Also make sure the engine is grounded properly. Lights were normal after that. Your alt and it's wiring could be fine. Check them with a voltage meter and go from there.

I addressed the headlight issue by installing a new headlight switch & dimmer. Then got halogens and put in some relays. Not as good as modern lighting but better than stock, Plus it got the headlight draw off the main harness. That may not be a concern with the LEDs though, IDK.

I think your light switch on the dash is going bad (high resistance).   

+1 on this. In addition to my other upgrades I also replaced the switch. I worked my way around the issue a piece at a time as most of these parts needed to be changed anyway.