Sign in to follow this  
Drews93fox

Ford Authorized Reproduction Parts

Hi all,

I am starting to get prices to start the resto-mod on my 1969 mach. I took my car to a body and frame shop last night to get the idea of how to start. As we were chatting he asked me what parts that I will be using (specifically quarters, doors, and floor). I said that I have heard a lot of good things about Dynacorn. He then went on to say that he has never had any luck with Dynacorn parts, but I also know that he mostly restores GM cars. Does this make a difference in dynacorn? I have tried to find the company that uses the ford tooling to buy those parts with no luck. I was wondering if anyone here knows who produces the parts with Ford tooling? If no one does, what is the next best option?

The options that I know of:

1. Dynacorn

2. Junk yard parts (not really in favor of this option, as the car is not going to be numbers matching)

3. Ford Repo parts?

4. Chinese parts (not going to do this)

Thanks for all the help in advance!!

Drew

Always better to use factory parts if you can find them, body lines tend to be sharper, and they will fit better. Panels made with Ford tooling would be 2nd. Dynacorn would be 3rd, they have some good parts, they tend to be heavier gauge then others. Most ALL these panels are stamped overseas, Dynacorn, AMD, etc etc, very few (if any) are made here. But, it beats the alternative, NO parts at all. Dynacorn's aprons are great (the only part I've ordered), heavier gauge then the originals, but any aftermarket panel may require some metal work, some more so then others.

A member here, Ridgerunner, has had good luck with Scott Drake floor pans, but recommends Dynacorn for other parts. Hopefully he will chime in.

Edit; the good news is body panels don't usually come from mainland China... They usually come from Taiwan lol.

Just sent my car to paint with a dynacorn fender, light bucket, and rear taillight panel. Panel working out ok, having to add on to fenders to make the Dyna work. So went out and bought a parts car. Will have 2 doors, dynacorn fender and light bucket for sale soon. Live in Texas.

I have heard the same thing about the 1/2 inch offset in the hoods. The problem isn't evident until you try and put the front hood molding on, and it is not centered.     I am keeping my original shaker hood and doing the bodywork instead.  Would like to hear from someone that has actually experienced this, hate to propagate here-say, but I heard this from 2 very reliable sources.

Who makes the best full floor? I am going to use dynacorn for the quarters and try to find doors or fix mine. Thanks

Ridgerunner speaks highly of the Scott Drake floors, if he doesn't chime in send him a pm.

Ridgerunner speaks highly of the Scott Drake floors, if he doesn't chime in send him a pm.

Great Thank you

I think that I am going to try to make a list of the best sheet metal parts for our cars. Practically the whole outside of mine will be replaced, so this should be helpful to more people than just me. 

Thank you everyone for all the replies