jgkurz

Line Lock Installation Questions

Hi folks, I am in the process of installing a new Hurst roll control in my 69 Mach 1. I have a front power disc car with the front left and front right lines coming directly from the proportioning valve. After reading the Hurst instructions it seems that I'm supposed to block off one of the front output ports on the proportioning valve and run a single line to the line lock solenoid. The two front brake lines would then connect up to ports on the solenoid.

This seems odd that I would go from two lines connected to the proportioning valve for the front brakes down to one single line. If the proportioning valve acts as both a valve and a splitter for the front brakes then moving the splitter to the solenoid should work. Is that how those of you with line locks have done it?

Thank you,
John

Installed it on mine by going from the masters front line to control sol, and from control sol to dist block where front line from master was connected.

Works great for holding front brakes while on inclines,but bad for rear tires when that urge hits to lite them up. lol

That's the proportioning valve and the bracket bolts on.  Those fittings for the front 3/16" lines that fit into the block are hard to find.

I purchased a line kit from Hurst that supposedly fits my car. Thanks for the info. I'll make sure the threads are correct before I start.

Works great for holding front brakes while on inclines,but bad for rear tires when that urge hits to lite them up. lol

Do you use yours for a parking brake? If so, any issues keeping it applied for extended lengths of time? I've read that it shouldn't be used for a parking brake. Using one for a parking brake would solve my space issue on my parking brake. Thanks, Bob.

It can be held for an extended time without problems like waiting for stoplight or traffic to clear.

But using it for parking will be a constant draw on your battery if you have it wired direct. Not wiring it direct it releases when key is off.

If you want a hyd parking brake you can plumb in a valve for that to the rear brakes.