rodbrady

Holes in my Hood

I'm installing hood pins and have a question about cutting the holes in my hood. I drilled a hole large enough for the pin to go through, but now I need to cut a larger hole for the receiver to fit in. I was going to use a hole saw, until I realized that I had no center guide so the hole saw just wants to crawl around. I guess I could dremel it, but it might not be the prettiest of holes (although it would be covered by the receiver flange). Any other suggestions?

post-39071-0-90900600-1467600578.jpg

post-39071-0-91490600-1467600599.jpg

I'd suggest a mag drill, but...

I think a Dremel would work. I'd probably drill a bunch of 1/8" or so holes around the interior of the circle and than sand them smooth with a drum sander.

You could get a small 2x4 and place it on the back side of the hood, then screw it to the hood from the top, screws being inside the finished hole cut out of course. The 2x4 will serve as your pilot hole. You just have to be careful when getting close to being all the through, 2x4 will spin

Yeah ,maybe a 2x4 between the radiator support and the bottom of the hood and have someone hold the hood down tight so the wood doesn't move .Take your time and cut slow to make sure .

And we got to see i full pic of that hood ,that  Mach 1 scoop does go well with those scoops .

Another thing you may try is a universal bit ,it is a stair step bit with many sizes built into one bit .

Again take your time and cut slow .I will see if i can find a pic.  I think you can get them at Home Depot ,and also Harbor freight and that would probably be a lot cheaper .