Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

What is the proper stance?

I too think that's definitely cool 3katz! 

That looks great 3katz!

Yes, I think this guy has got the old school look just right - even looks like he might have some ground clearance left.

3Katz-The 295's are on 15x10x5.5bs

Thank you, I might have some measuring to do... I would like to see a pic of everything settled as well!

Not really much difference than the last picture.  My indention's are to get lowering leaf springs and fine tune it with the 2 sets of 1/2" lowing blocks that I have.

As for the fronts I'd like to get a set of adjustable coil overs.

I see as the rear goes down the front comes up, so after I get the rear to a point that I like, I can adjust the fronts with the front coil overs.

Not really much difference than the last picture.  My indention's are to get lowering leaf springs and fine tune it with the 2 sets of 1/2" lowing blocks that I have.

I see as the rear goes down the front comes up, so after I get the rear to a point that I like, I can adjust the fronts with the front coil overs.

I put a set of Global west reverse eye leafs on mine with Del-A-Lum bushings: http://www.globalwest.net/102sh.html

The car sat nice for about a month then started sagging on the drivers side like they all seem to do. The car was sitting in the garage without anyone using it!

Due to that the front end on the right side was higher than the left. All good fun!

Ahh I'm just a sucker for pics of nice Fastbacks, it's great when you guys put good quality pics up. Sounds like a good plan, lots of fine tuning.  

Here a picture with the additional 1/2" lowering block. Now I have (2) 1/2" blocks on each side.

The rear did drop another 1/2".  Distance from ground to wheel lip apex is 26" 7/8's on the Driver and 27" 1/8 on Pass.

Also a full tank of gas.

post-14069-0-32150900-1467415477.jpg

post-14069-0-22047800-1467415516.jpg

OK, OK, OK... I'll leave it as that and enjoy it for the rest of the Summer.

Well I hope, who knows if I have some other crazy ideals to do. There's always something!

Thanks guys for lending me your eyes and opinions!!!

Happy 4th of July!

No problem Prayers...

May wanna loosten the bolts off and go drive it in the neighborhood, and do a few quick take offs to load that suspension some...it may come down even more.

I May had some 4.5 leaf reverse eye springs Ill sale ya lol...I want to bring mine up a little in the rear and I already have longer shackles that look stock, but its just a little low...I drab my headers and mufflers on shit all the time haha

I got my decal from http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/ford.php. It's the exact type used back in 69, it has reflective tape for safety standards back in the day. They are actually black but the cameras flash sometimes goes off or if I catch the sun in a certain way it will reflect gold or silver.  When you order a set it will come with the 302, you will have to pay extra for any other number such as the 351, 460, 408 etc.......

Very cool. Thanks for the link

Who cares?

They look great!

I will tell you exactly who cares, it is some people that want them to reflect the correct color, especially on high dollar cars . RetroStang may also care since he was asking about them and now he has more information to make a decision with.

To me, I really don't care about the reflective color. I wasn't concerned about the reflection just that I was able to have a 1969 Boss 351 stripe.

It was bonus to me that they do reflect,  The added benefit is that they reflect at night no matter what color.

Just curious, what is the correct reflective color, depending on the light it reflects gold during the day and at night it reflects silver.

FYI, Phoneixgraphics claims that they are OEM stripes?????

I'm happy with them, they take well to waxing and are no worry.

It's just a personal preference.

To me, I really don't care about the reflective color. I wasn't concerned about the reflection just that I was able to have a 1969 Boss 351 stripe.

It was bonus to me that they do reflect,  The added benefit is that they reflect at night no matter what color.

Just curious, what is the correct reflective color, depending on the light it reflects gold during the day and at night it reflects silver.

FYI, Phoneixgraphics claims that they are OEM stripes?????

I'm happy with them, they take well to waxing and are no worry.

It's just a personal preference.

The person you talked to at Phoenix Graphix is incorrect . oem means nos or at least made from the exact same material the original ones were which they are not . I asked the owner about the color they reflect about 4 weeks ago and he told me it was incorrect because they couldn't find the correct color and that the original material is no longer made . I have bought countless decals from them and they are the best quality available, however, as I mentioned, the guys with high end cars and MCA Concours cars prefer stripes that reflect the right color more accurately and these are available.

Mike,

I'm just curious, what is the correct color. Thanks!

The correct color would be gold . I have some sample photos and there is a guy from the BOSS 302 forum that has some material that reflects more closely to the original decal color and he can make them for several different models.

There is certainly nothing "wrong" with having the reflective color a little different than factory, but my comment was for the other person that asked about decals because I simply wanted to let him know about the color difference in case he was one of the more selective people that wanted it more correct . I knew you wouldn't misconstrue my comment thinking it was for you and that I was suggesting that your decals sucked, lol.