jholmes217

Yelm, Washington VFW Car Show September 3rd.

The Yelm, Washington VFW Car Show is September 3rd, 2016. We have added a club participation award this year. VFW proceeds go towards programs for the injured troops on JBLM. $15 entry fee also gets you breakfast and lunch! I'll be there with my 1969 Mach 1. Hope to see some other 69-70 Stangs there.

Posting a reminder that the Yelm VFW Post 5580 car show in this Saturday, September 3rd at Yelm City Park. Registration is $15 and starts at 8 AM. Registration enters you in the show, plus gets you a donut and coffee breakfast and a hot dog, bag of chips, and a can of soda lunch. This year there is a club participation award. Hope to see some of you there. I will be doing show parking duties most of the morning.

This car show raised approximately $9000 dollars, which will be given to the commander of the Warrior Transition Battalion, the unit at Fort Lewis that has the wounded troops in it.  This money in the past has been used to pay for therapeutic horseback riding (supposed to help with PTSD,) fishing trips, and other recreation activities that normal Department of the Defense funding doesn't cover.