69Mustang16

1969 Coyote Resto-mod

Those pics are very helpful, cheers for that!

And the fittings you are using fit in well with everything else. Nice find on those. The engine bay will be super clean with it running like that.

Great! Glad they were of some use to you. I'll post more once the rest of the plumbing is done. It really did clean the engine bay up a bunch.

Nice work. Now this is where the time goes in all the fiddly jobs.

I'd be inclined to add something like this to that edge where the cutout is made for the lines. Just to prevent any rubbing on those A/C lines. You can get around a fairly tight corner with this stuff too. I know this is in Aus but I've used it and it pinches onto sheet steel very well. Surely you could get something like that over there.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5M-x-Rubber-Edge-Seal-Protection-Car-Motor-Boat-House-Pinchweld-Metal-Strip-DIY-/221821488143

Nice work. Now this is where the time goes in all the fiddly jobs.

I'd be inclined to add something like this to that edge where the cutout is made for the lines. Just to prevent any rubbing on those A/C lines. You can get around a fairly tight corner with this stuff too. I know this is in Aus but I've used it and it pinches onto sheet steel very well. Surely you could get something like that over there.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5M-x-Rubber-Edge-Seal-Protection-Car-Motor-Boat-House-Pinchweld-Metal-Strip-DIY-/221821488143

Thanks for the tip.  We have something in mind that is very similar to this.

Will those A/C lines, wires and other components get any king of protection from water/mud splash and rock projections, being just above the wheel?

Or will the car be a garage/trailer queen?

G

Car will be driven. Will it be driven through the water and mud? Not likely. There will be some final protection put over the wires/lines. We aren't really worried about it.

Ok! I too love to drive my car. And hate driving it on wet roads. The problem with long drives is sometimes you leave it's beautiful out there, and you get caught in the rain later in the day. Sometimes you get caught and can't avoid it.

So I decided to get my undercarriage and wheel wells waterproof, rock proof and mud proof, using a very strong bedliner called "gator" and designed to keep truck beds from rusting (water sealant) and damaged when heavy tools are thrown in them (flexible).

http://www.eastwood.com/gator-guard-ii-truck-bed-liner-kit.html

Definitely not as sleek looking as if I had the car sprayed the same color everywhere, but it gives me peace of mind on those spring and fall days where the weather is in a shifty mood.

Car is short of 10k miles now and no chips. That product is a bear to spray properly, but I love how it came out!

G

You know what we haven't talked about....sound system! Whatchu got? 😃 Or did we talk about that already 🤔

Are you using the old kick panels as speakers? Or speakers in the door?

Haha, we went with JL audio. So it'll have 2 5" speakers in the custom door panels we are molding. 2 6.5" speakers in the sail panels in the rear. Then 2 10" subwoofers. They'll all run off a JL 5 channel amp. Weve got a pioneer touch screen for the head unit.

Ok! I too love to drive my car. And hate driving it on wet roads. The problem with long drives is sometimes you leave it's beautiful out there, and you get caught in the rain later in the day. Sometimes you get caught and can't avoid it.

So I decided to get my undercarriage and wheel wells waterproof, rock proof and mud proof, using a very strong bedliner called "gator" and designed to keep truck beds from rusting (water sealant) and damaged when heavy tools are thrown in them (flexible).

http://www.eastwood.com/gator-guard-ii-truck-bed-liner-kit.html

Definitely not as sleek looking as if I had the car sprayed the same color everywhere, but it gives me peace of mind on those spring and fall days where the weather is in a shifty mood.

Car is short of 10k miles now and no chips. That product is a bear to spray properly, but I love how it came out!

G

We definitely understand the concern. We thought about it as well and decided to go with the plan we are using today. Thanks for the tips!

Haha, we went with JL audio. So it'll have 2 5" speakers in the custom door panels we are molding. 2 6.5" speakers in the sail panels in the rear. Then 2 10" subwoofers. They'll all run off a JL 5 channel amp. Weve got a pioneer touch screen for the head unit.

Double din? Id love to see what you did with that to maintain the a/c control.

NOT MY THUMBS, AGAIN!

Did someone say Double Din and AC controls>?

Here's what I did...Was my 1st real attempt at building something like this and I will be rebuilding it with some fiberglass in the future.

I used a classic auto Air controller btw.

And I believe the Radio has a 7" screen... Part of the reason I wanna re-do it is so that I can do a better job of making a radio face plate area that looks better.

post-13203-0-67934800-1488402297.jpg

post-13203-0-12775000-1488402303.jpg

post-13203-0-04766400-1488402308.jpg

post-13203-0-00940600-1488402313.jpg

post-13203-0-26633400-1488402319.jpg

Yep what he did is very similar to ours.  Our console has a bit of a different design.  Also, no shifter we are going with a push button shifter.  So that whole area will be smooth, the A/C controls will be placed in a different spot too.  We'll begin to build it next week so I'll be sure to post up some pics