69Mustang16

1969 Coyote Resto-mod

I too am looking at doing the coyote swap but with a TCP suspension.  I'd like to know the cost and components involved in the swap if you don't mind sharing the final figures.  Love the build and how it is progressing.  I thought mine would progress faster but then  I had my first child, followed a little over a year and a half by my second.  Needless to say the car fund just trickles in now.  Again great build and really enjoying watching it come together.

I too am looking at doing the coyote swap but with a TCP suspension.  I'd like to know the cost and components involved in the swap if you don't mind sharing the final figures.  Love the build and how it is progressing.  I thought mine would progress faster but then  I had my first child, followed a little over a year and a half by my second.  Needless to say the car fund just trickles in now.  Again great build and really enjoying watching it come together.

Thanks for checking it out!  Feel free to PM me on here and I can share with you costs/figures..

I will guarantee you our system is faster and much easier to install, and cheaper to install :)

To echo this, MTF has been absolutely top notch.  Not only are the products that they manufacture/sell top of the line, but the customer service and "know how" a simple call away really is priceless.

I really dig that hood. I want one!

Depending on what head and intake I get, it had to be dictated by the hood height or shaker scoop, so I've been thinking how to combine a 67 GT hood on a 69 and do away with the shaker, but I think you nailed a sweet combination.

Can you make another with that mold?

I really dig that hood. I want one!

Depending on what head and intake I get, it had to be dictated by the hood height or shaker scoop, so I've been thinking how to combine a 67 GT hood on a 69 and do away with the shaker, but I think you nailed a sweet combination.

Can you make another with that mold?

Thank ya!   Let me see what I can do

I'm diggin it :)

I would say their not putting a crown in the center, which would look more normal to me.

Thanks!  You are correct we got rid of the crown in the center.  

To me it looks like the raised pointed center of the hood is missing. Is It?

I gotta say it looks real cool right now, kept it going and post more progress pics.

THANKS!

Will do!  

Yep, it sure is.  It didn't look good at all with this hood design so we deleted it :)

Looking better every day. Since you've added a substantial amount of weight, what are your plans to hold it up ?  I know we have heavier shocks for our billet hinges but not sure how much more we can get.

I think so too!  We added heavier shocks to the hinges.  Also, to make the hood fully functional, a large section under the scoop has been cut out.  We added some bracing under there, but I think that it will be a net savings in weight.

How much more hood clearance will you be getting?

We are thinking 4-5 inches.. Hood scoop peaks at 3ish inches, then under the scoop the hood is cut so that is our estimation.  We will be adding a power adder, so we wanted the extra clearance in-case a PD blower is our adder of choice.