69Mustang16

1969 Coyote Resto-mod

Hello, new to joining the forum.  Have followed a lot of the other builds here, which are awesome, and wanted to share where we are in ours.  My dad and I acquired the car in late 2014.  It came with an extremely mild 351C and a C6 tranny.  He tinkered on it here and there and added a few parts but always wanted a little more.. who doesn't.. So after I brought home a 2016 mustang GT he was hooked on the coyote 5.0  We had originally planned strictly a front end conversion and engine/tranny swap but this has turned into a full blown build.  Many of the parts came from Mustangs to Fear, and they have been really really nice to work with.  All of the work is being completed by GT Graphics and Customs out of Franklin, NC.  Both Gary and Teresa over at GT Graphics and Customs are first class individuals.  We couldn't be more pleased with them.

I won't bore you with a parts list so here's some pictures of where we are at!

Here's the current stable of cars:

IMG_0678_zpsjpqsrorm.jpg

The tear down...

1_zpsy96cmi0k.jpg

2_zpsaszy6cnn.jpg

3_zpsmunt7non.jpg

Some problem areas...

10_zpsyd2wfrh9.jpg

11_zpson36cn33.jpg

12_zpsjkbrveni.jpg

16_zps7ogzibzs.jpg

20_zps5354srnk.jpg

Welcome to the forum and no apologies needed. We (I) love photos, and would chastise y"all if you didn't include the pics :)  I'm loving those headers, who made them? Whereabouts do you live? 

I love where this is going and it looks like a lot of gremlins were found once you started digging. I know that feeling all too well. Much better to do it all now and get it sorted.

What was the car to begin with? Were the CJ badges just an addition?

Nice. Later down the road I'll probably go with a coyote swap. I would just need someone to install the front end clip for and I'll do the rest.

Nice! You'll have to post it here so I can follow along

Thanks for sharing, it will be an awesome machine!

Thank you!  We sure are hoping so :)

Im jealous! I've always wanted to do a Coyote or Termy swap.. can't wait to see this when it's done. 

Thanks!  I'm really glad my dad signed off on the coyote build, I think she's going to be a beast

Welcome to the forum and no apologies needed. We (I) love photos, and would chastise y"all if you didn't include the pics :)  I'm loving those headers, who made them? Whereabouts do you live? 

Haha ok thank you for that.  I will keep the photos coming as we progress :)

Headers are from MTF that are specifically designed for a coyote swap and also to go with their front clip/subframe

We live in Baton Rouge, LA.  

I love where this is going and it looks like a lot of gremlins were found once you started digging. I know that feeling all too well. Much better to do it all now and get it sorted.

What was the car to begin with? Were the CJ badges just an addition?

Oh we found some gremlins alright!  It's being done right, though.  Everything found is being fixed and he's fully welding everything important vs plug welding so it should be able to handle some forced induction down the road.

The car originally came with a straight 6.  It was a really basic car from the factory.  We think about 20 years ago someone decided to restore it and went with the Mach 1/Cobra Jet motif.  They painted it, added badges, put in a 351 C etc etc..  It was like that when we bought it.

We are going complete resto-mod with it.  We have designed the car from front to back with little custom things here and there that we think will turn out really nicely.  Hope everyone likes the end product!

Also, we are happy to answer any questions about parts or how we did certain things to make them work.  Definitely want to be able to help people out who are considering or are in the middle of doing the same type of swap.

This is so awesome! I would LOVE to coyote my car! 

I don't know if I'm being disrespectful or overstepping my boundaries, but what is this build going to cost? 

I know I want to do the Coyote, but in the meantime I was going to just do a top end kit/bottom end fix, EFI, AOD, shelby drop, control arms and bushings. Or should I just hold off till I'm ready to do an entire overhaul? 

This is so awesome! I would LOVE to coyote my car! 

I don't know if I'm being disrespectful or overstepping my boundaries, but what is this build going to cost? 

I know I want to do the Coyote, but in the meantime I was going to just do a top end kit/bottom end fix, EFI, AOD, shelby drop, control arms and bushings. Or should I just hold off till I'm ready to do an entire overhaul? 

Thanks!  We are really enjoying the process so far.

Not disrespectful at all.  I have a spreadsheet I keep for the entire build with parts, part #s, manufacturers, price, etc etc..  I could pick out the parts necessary for just the coyote swap and send them over to ya if you are interested..  Is that what you were looking for?

If Coyote is in your plans, I could definitely see you doing the above upgrades, with an eye on the future.  I.e. we doing the EFI you can make sure you get parts that will easily convert over to coyote swap fueling needs.  Same with the tranny, suspension, etc...

Tyler

Thanks!  We are really enjoying the process so far.

Not disrespectful at all.  I have a spreadsheet I keep for the entire build with parts, part #s, manufacturers, price, etc etc..  I could pick out the parts necessary for just the coyote swap and send them over to ya if you are interested..  Is that what you were looking for?

If Coyote is in your plans, I could definitely see you doing the above upgrades, with an eye on the future.  I.e. we doing the EFI you can make sure you get parts that will easily convert over to coyote swap fueling needs.  Same with the tranny, suspension, etc...

Tyler

Good call! 

I would love to see the spreadsheet! I'd like to see how much the entire build was for you! I could subtract the work that doesn't apply to me. 

Thanks man! Appreciate it! 

Car is humming along..

We unfortunately came across a lot of damage to the rear quarters.  Car looked great when we bought it, but you just don't know until you start digging into it...

Sheet metal work is just about done, now onto media blast & epoxy then comes the blocking & mud work!

Drivers side quarter..

63_zpsjyksxk96.jpg

64_zpsi3rspbsr.jpg

65_zpsfgdzc48p.jpg

Rust around the trunk..

66_zpsdjyp07ms.jpg

67_zpst0jjgobw.jpg

New metal around trunk drivers side..

68_zpsrhv9bfxl.jpg

69_zpsoas9voln.jpg