New to the site and have already benefited from it and given back some as well. My newest project is a 69 Mach 390, auto with factory ac, ps, and pb. Will be going back all original including the color, being black Jade and black int. I'm hoping this one will replace that lost feeling of the 69 Mach 428SCJ Drag pack car I owned in HS, then selling it in 85 due to not ever driving it and my parents telling me to come get it out of their driveway. The 70 vert I finished last year didn't due it, the 68 J code coupe A start to finish in 8 months didn't do it either, so maybe this FE Mach will. It took me 1 1/2 years of bugging the guy before he finally caved and sold it to me, finally!! I will be using Triple F for the paint and body, same restoration company that did my 70 Vert. Plan to get it to them in a few weeks, in which they will have it for 8-9 months. During that time while she's away, I will be cleaning, polishing chrome, restoring dash and gauge components, carpeting fold down, and.......... Check out my gallery for other cars in the stable and the Mach's progress. Plan is to have her ready for the first 2017 local car shows. post-45407-0-44169300-1465521210.pngpost-45407-0-91989900-1465521239.pngpost-45407-0-24902700-1465521286.jpeg

Holy crap, you had a 69 SCJ Drag Pack in high school? Hey, welcome to the forum, sounds like you'll be a natural here. Is that a red Sunbeam Tiger in the background in your first pic?

No, on the tiger...MG. was at the place I bought the car from.

The SCJ was my first car, had the name of "The BlueGhost" It was involved in a street race in 69 where the Camaro crashed and it killed the guy. Sat in a Whouse for years after that and was slowly picked apart. When I got it it had the locker, 390 and auto. Every owner (5) that had her after the original owner had seen eyes staring at him from the instrument cluster or wasted the front fenders. I never experienced the eyes glaring at me, but did mysteriously take a hard right one day and crashed it. Rather than sale the car like the previous owners, I repaired her and restored her back to a 428 and 4 speed Unfortunately I sold her in 86 for 5000.00 and have been kicking myself everyday. Like I said, 110,000 across Barret Jackson and supposivly a 1 of 1 car. Goes to show, you just never know. The car today still carries the Texas license plate

428 SCJ

Wow..  We all have those old drag race stories.....but yours is very cool.  At least you know that your car made it.   For a lot of us, the real mystery is where the old cars might be today.....

Have had mine for 41 years. Its more of why do i still have it..Should have been sold or scraped 30+ years ago.

Worth more than scrap but not worth selling. Didn't really want to turn it into a stock car at the time..

The death of many classic cars..

Its Good to see some made it..