Sign in to follow this  
geraldchainsaw

power steering cyl

hi,  i can't find it in the repair manuals,   the power steering cyl that mounts to the frame,  the bracket on the frame has a 3/4 or 7/8 hole that the cyl rod goes thru,  does any one have a picture of what or how is used to hold it in place?,    i made a nylon type washer to fit in the hole and 2 nylon washers outside the shole to hold it in place,  but  i don't think its right,   does any one know?,  thanks    jerry

thanks for the info,    i have no problem with the frame mounted brace,    what i wanted to know about was the mounting hole for the steering cyl,  it looks to be about 3/4",  are there special  washers or mounting wa;shers that fit in the hole?,  theres so much slop,  the cyl shaft is around 1/2" and the hole is around 3/4",  to much slop,  has to be some kinda special mounting pieces for the hole.     or is that the way it is?,  thanks   jerry

I have a picture of the attachment end of the cylinder but I can't post it. If possible I'll insert it into a Word.doc- sometimes that works.

There is a large washer and grommet on each side of the bracket.

Hey RPM how is it that you post those pictures???? The Post on pictures is of no help- how do you do it? 

cylinder.doc

As you probably know by now, 69RavenConv wrote in the dedicated thread on this topic:

1. Hit "Reply to this topic". An empty post comes up. (you already knew this :)

2. At the bottom, you'll see "Attach Files".       Click the "Browse..." button.

3. Browse to the file on your computer and select it.

4. Click the "Attach This File" button (this is important, otherwise your attachment is discarded)

5. You'll see a thumbnail appear below your post. If you want to include a full-size pic in your post, click "Add to Post"on the right side of the thumbnail. If not, just post and it will appear as a thumbnail in your post.