Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

69 Mach, S code, ac, correct engine fan?

I have a 69 Mach, 390 with ac, ps. Car was in boxes, fan is a 5 blade-191/4" fan. Currently using a 2" spacer, giving me 1/2" clearance from bottom crank pulley, from lower radiator hose, and about 3/4" from back of radiator. In addition, fan shroud can't be installed, fan hits it.

What is the correct size fan and should it have a fan clutch

I have a 69 Mach, 390 with ac, ps. Car was in boxes, fan is a 5 blade-191/4" fan. Currently using a 2" spacer, giving me 1/2" clearance from bottom crank pulley, from lower radiator hose, and about 3/4" from back of radiator. In addition, fan shroud can't be installed, fan hits it.

What is the correct size fan and should it have a fan clutch

Fan should have clutch, Can take a picture of my original 390 AC/PS fan if you want. Spacer I believe with it still is a 2".

Your car should probably be using the C8OE-B, 7 blades w/clutch and 18.25" wide.  That fan is stamped with the C8OE-B and FoMoCo.  This fan does not use a spacer and will  fit into the C8ZZ-A fan shroud.  Your 19" fan should have a part number stamped into it.  The 19" fans usually were stock on the larger sedans and station wagons.  Brian.