Guys, 

I had my 302 rebuilt stock.  Original heads, cylinders bored .030 w/ a mild cam.  I had the engine run-in on a stand, and I have run it for maybe up to 10mins at a time numerous times (dozens).  I drove the car to and from the paint shop (<10mi) with no issues but that is all.

I recently pulled the valve covers to polish them, and found it "shockingly clean".  My covers didn't have any oil splashed up on them even tho I have driven the car twice:

post-14729-0-09829700-1464713933.jpg

post-14729-0-62363100-1464714162.jpg

I believe my oil pressure gauge is "good" (well as good as these gauges are - when I power on I get a normal range reading on the gauge - it is a gauge and not a light.

It this "as expected"?  Seems to me that oil oughta be flying around inside the valve covers a little more.  

Would like your advice on this.  Thoughts?

Jay

Great news.  Thanks guys.  Just trying to be very careful with this new engine in the early days after rebuild, and it really surprised me when I looked in here.  I appreciate the feedback a lot.

Engine compartment is looking up though:

post-14729-0-71870600-1464723465.jpg

ok, i hope you installed screw in rocker studs or pinned the press in rockers so the studs dont pull up in the heads.

also, i would set the timing curve to maximize performance if you have not done that yet.

i would also set the gas level in the carb and post a photo of both front spark plugs.

i would also disconnect the distributor vacuum advance hose and plug it.