RogerC

Pondering wheels for the 69

My desire is to have something that has the look of 60s sports racer wheels. This is the closest I've found so far. They are 17x8 & 17x9 and would require about a .5 inch spacer to be close to 4.5" backspace up front. Rear can handle 6" BS tops. Center bore is smaller than ford but may not be an issue with a spacer. Black center on bronze, opinions on a dark red car?

post-3347-0-88225300-1463972251.jpg

I also wonder if the company would do different colors.  Say the center part silver instead of black.  If so that may give you a variety of colors/looks with the same wheel design.

Those will look awsome on a dark red car.

If you have black interior and then incorporate the bronze color into a pinstripe and into the underhood and interior a little it will all tie together beautifully

Bob

RogerC did you see some of the other wheels they offer?  I like the XXR 527 and they are not bad on price.  Just not sure on the backspacing that would fit our cars.   Still like them and for the money they are a great deal for the design elements.

yeah, i like xxr wheel, I wanted to go with their CCW variant wheel but couldn't pull the trigger as I felt it wouldn't look good on my coupe. Have u decided to stick with XXR? I think there are other brands but just can't think of any right now, Seems like every other company is charging premium for custom offsets now..which is crazy...

I ordered the 557s with +15 offset. That's 5.09 bs on the 8" wheels and 5.59 bs on the 9" wheels. will probably use .5" spacer on front and play with spacing the rear till I'm satisfied with their position in the wheelwell.

I ordered the 557s with +15 offset. That's 5.09 bs on the 8" wheels and 5.59 bs on the 9" wheels. will probably use .5" spacer on front and play with spacing the rear till I'm satisfied with their position in the wheelwell.

RogerC, did you go with 17"?  Be sure to post a picture once you get the wheels mounted.  I really like these wheels and curious how they will look.  They should look great on your car. 

RCE1313,

Yes, they're 17". Car is nowhere near ready for paint but I need them to make sure my body work will clear and look right. I've been looking at wheels for about a year trying to figure out what I wanted.

Schweigert,

Car will be lowered, 3-link coil-over rear and coil-over front suspensions.

Schweigert,

Car will be lowered, 3-link coil-over rear and coil-over front suspensions.

not to side track - but do you have a link for the coilovers? i wanna lower mine and ill ive been finding is i need to cut my 620 springs

There's several companies that make front coil-over setups, TCP, Global West, Martz, Griggs and several others. Some are down right expensive. I'm leaning towards Martz myself, been talking with them. Rear is the same but mine is homemade, piecing together parts. I currently have the old GW negative roll kit on the front with trimmed down 620 springs.

not to side track - but do you have a link for the coilovers? i wanna lower mine and ill ive been finding is i need to cut my 620 springs

You can also lower the front upper arms (arning/Shelby drop) and that will lower the front without touching the springs

Bob

RogerC post pictures when you get your wheels on.  I am seriously considering a set of the 527 Wheels from XXR I'd also like to hear what you think of the wheels in person, fit/finish etc.

RogerC post pictures when you get your wheels on.  I am seriously considering a set of the 527 Wheels from XXR I'd also like to hear what you think of the wheels in person, fit/finish etc.

Will do